Sponsored

“My other car is a...Jeep” WAVE?

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
First, I said car. That’s not what this post is about. Move on if you got offended.

This is for those who have a sense of humor and remember those bumper stickers that said “my other car is a ______”. The other day a guy driving a F250 waved at me and a month or so before that a guy in a SUV waved. What’s going on, I thought? Then, I realized their other car has to be a JEEP! I figured it out when I caught myself waving to a fellow Jeep owner, but this time it was from my wife’s SUV.

Anyone else waving at Jeeps when they are in other vehicles? Have you gotten the random non-Jeep “car” wave? Or is it just me?
Sponsored

GClouser

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2-Door
My other other “car” is a motorcycle so I’m pulling double duty subconsciously scanning oncoming traffic to wave at lol. Once I actually waved at a biker while driving the Jeep, lol.

But when I’m driving my wife’s Kia I do get the urge whenever I see an oncoming Jeep. Haven’t actually done it, yet.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've caught myself waving to other wrangler in my postal truck. gotta stop doing that. the best thing is that i'll stop and chat with a jeeper on my walking route and from that day on, occasionally the jeeper will honk and wave on by while i'm walking and delivering the mail. it does put a smile on me on any day of the week regardless of the work load and weather.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I contain the urge to wave at an oncoming Jeep when I am in the Fiat Spider. But I’m sure I’m going to slip one of these days.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I’ve caught myself waving at Jeeps while driving my Tesla...a few waved back and nobody has flipped me off yet...

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I wave at Ford pickup trucks and jeeps. Doesn't matter if I'm driving my pickup truck or my jeep.

Later,
Johnny

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
LOL funny thread. i drive my cobalt mostly to work and always notice jeeps and have almost waved. also have a bike so i wave at them, and have accidentally waved at jeeps on the bike. ohwell.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hahahaha, much like Chris (Cosine) said I’ve done it a few times driving my plumbing box truck. I catch myself and think “what are you doing dummy”. Then I’ve gotta hope my helper didn’t see or I’m in for some humiliation there too.
Once after work I was driving my nephew home in the Jeep. My work truck has an “exhaust brake” which helps slow the vehicle. You pull down a lever on the steering column. I’m driving the Jeep slowing down for something and I’m pulling the wiper handle down by force of habit. My nephew caught it, laughed and busted my stones all the way home.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@99wishes you're not alone in your thought processes :)

Suffice it to say that my Wrangler isn't my only motor vehicle, and that in the days of COVID, where vehicle use is down demonstrably and trickle charging the batteries of all but mothballed rigs on my driveway is the norm, I've been known to split the road trips with "my fleet."

...a Wrangler approaches, my first thought is, "am I driving my Wrangler," before a wave is initiated....:)
Sponsored