Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I had debated adding this as an option on my build, but the more I’ve read the more glad I am I passed on it. My deductible is $500, so it will be a wash… at least for the first crack.

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Maybe they will cover it but the dealer told me no way. So for the $195 I paid for the upgrade I have this message for anyone considering Gorilla Glass:
Oh hell no.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I had debated adding this as an option on my build, but the more I’ve read the more glad I am I passed on it. My deductible is $500, so it will be a wash… at least for the first crack.
Pretty sure it's no longer available to order for MY23 as of this month's order guide. So, either they're giving them away for free now or they're losing money from whatever replacements they've actually honored (don't believe they're required to at all).

Still wondering if the HGP Gorilla Glass windshield is any better/different than the Mopar Gorilla Glass, or why neither includes GG on the inside *and* on the outside layer (HGP can apparently do this for smaller glass panels, but don't for windshields).

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Pretty sure it's no longer available to order for MY23 as of this month's order guide. So, either they're giving them away for free now or they're losing money from whatever replacements they've actually honored (don't believe they're required to at all).

Still wondering if the HGP Gorilla Glass windshield is any better/different than the Mopar Gorilla Glass, or why neither includes GG on the inside *and* on the outside layer (HGP can apparently do this for smaller glass panels, but don't for windshields).
Yep, just saw that in the update. I ordered mine on 7/15 at a dealership and it was still an option at that point, but I decided against it.

Reactions: AFD

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
How hard is the water in Texas? It's so hard it breaks Gorilla Glass.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Cool liquid on hot glass causes the glass to crack.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Cool liquid on hot glass causes the glass to crack.
That's why you should always use boiling water to defrost a frozen windshield in the winter! 🤔 ;)

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I ordered a 2023 JLUR on Wednesday 7/20/22 and was told by the dealer (and another dealer I didn't go with) that Gorilla Glass is not currently available. It also went up by $100 for 2023 on Jeep.com. I'm glad now I couldn't order it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ghstlogic

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
What limited warranty and how is the glass covered? I know GG has a warranty with it but only when bought after market. The original glass doesn't have a warranty, unless TX has something different or you have supplemental insurance or your insurance company covers it. If there's something else lemme know, I'd be interested to know :D
MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY
Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.

found here:
https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/content/store/pim/details/warranty.pdf

Positive Altitude

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Altitude
I ordered a 2023 JLUR on Wednesday 7/20/22 and was told by the dealer (and another dealer I didn't go with) that Gorilla Glass is not currently available. It also went up by $100 for 2023 on Jeep.com. I'm glad now I couldn't order it.
I ordered in June and it was an option and actually cheaper than the ‘22 model. I did order it, now questioning it.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY
Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.

found here:
https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/content/store/pim/details/warranty.pdf
Ok, if they do that's great. I'm just relaying what I've read in several other threads of this being denied and the poster being told it's only if you purchase another, it doesn't count for the unit that comes from the factory. Good luck though :)

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
That sucks, my guess it was the temps. Did you go to Merus Off road? Been wanting to go but want to wait until it cools down a bit

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I ordered in June and it was an option and actually cheaper than the ‘22 model. I did order it, now questioning it.
I still think it has the potential to be an excellent product if they can work out the bugs. I feel bad for the folks bitten by the bugs. I've had to replace so dang many regular windshields (and mobile screens) that I wanted to try it.
Sponsored