“Gorilla” Glass 😤

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Pretty sure it's no longer available to order for MY23 as of this month's order guide. So, either they're giving them away for free now or they're losing money from whatever replacements they've actually honored (don't believe they're required to at all).

Still wondering if the HGP Gorilla Glass windshield is any better/different than the Mopar Gorilla Glass, or why neither includes GG on the inside *and* on the outside layer (HGP can apparently do this for smaller glass panels, but don't for windshields).
No issues with my HGP windshield. It’s taken some serious shots without fail.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Gorilla” Glass 😤 A483D02B-E6BA-4A7E-A543-D395D724AA1A
Sponsored

OP
OP
ghstlogic

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Ok, if they do that's great. I'm just relaying what I've read in several other threads of this being denied and the poster being told it's only if you purchase another, it doesn't count for the unit that comes from the factory. Good luck though :)
I’ll let you know my experience! Have an appointment with the dealership on Monday to get the replacement process started. They said it would be no cost to me, and mine is the factory windshield.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I’ll let you know my experience! Have an appointment with the dealership on Monday to get the replacement process started. They said it would be no cost to me, and mine is the factory windshield.
That'll be awesome if true! Maybe that can give some others a bit more confidence in them.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Go figure that the glass that protects the phone in your pocket doesn't protect a windshield at 70 mph in the same fashion ? :(
This needs to come off the option list as its clearly just a second vendor for windshields that Jeep found out they can actually charge more for the same exact product and hurt us.

Sponsored

Positive Altitude

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Altitude
I still think it has the potential to be an excellent product if they can work out the bugs. I feel bad for the folks bitten by the bugs. I've had to replace so dang many regular windshields (and mobile screens) that I wanted to try it.
Well it’s on order so it’s what I’m getting….. at this point I don’t care about the glass would just like to have an ETA on the build 🤣😂

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I know Gorilla Glass quality on JLs is a known issue, but this is absolutely insane. Driving on the highway up to Amarillo today from DFW to do some off-roading in Palo Duro and out of know where the windshield cracks ~1 ft. No rocks or debris hit and happened right after I sprayed some washer fluid - maybe because it was ~100 and the rapid temp change caused it to crack? Either way this is ridiculous. Only had the Jeep for a month.

I know Gorilla glass is covered under the limited warranty but now questioning if I want to get it replaced with the Gorilla Glass.

Any recommendations out there?

Before 😭
It’s covered but dealerships are getting mixed responses from Chrysler and in some cases, not getting reimbursed. My dealer got the go ahead, then didn’t get paid. So they no longer will even try.

Both my Safelite and local auto glass shop said they’re replacing more GG than non GG windshields in new Wranglers so it appears SOMEHOW they’re actually worse than the standard glass. Insane to hear that considering I doubt there’s many GG out there anyway.

My 392 got regular glass last week.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter had to have her GG windshield replaced from cracking when a rock hit it on the highway. Dealer had to order it - they had the next day and replaced it with no issue.

That being said, I think it's a waste of $495. My daughter bought her new '22 off the lot (at 4% off MSRP) and it had GG already. I don't think I'd order a new one with it.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
I’ll check these out thanks. Did you put any additional film on it for protection?
Nope, installed straight out of the box. By no means cheap, but effective. FWIW, my two buddies with JL’s are both riding around with OEM glass which has cracked in the last 3 weeks.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Yep already have an appt with a dealer on Mon. Hopefully they can get it replaced pretty quick - been reading some horror stories out there taking a couple months to go through the claims process through Jeep.
I ordered a 2023 JLUR on Wednesday 7/20/22 and was told by the dealer (and another dealer I didn't go with) that Gorilla Glass is not currently available. It also went up by $100 for 2023 on Jeep.com. I'm glad now I couldn't order it.
Same here.. Order my 23 on 7/14 and not available for order...
Sponsored