Sponsored

“Faulty Wiring Harness” caused 2.0L fire

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
@JeepCares this is an opportunity for transparency and clear communication with the customers impacted and the community as a whole. Can jeep post an update here using your ID, as a form of official, reliable information? Or is it better for rumors and hundreds of calls to continue, with wildly different answers being provided and then re-reported here? If you were the customer, which path would you expect from a good partner?
This is one of those Posts that makes you just want to mash the Like button 100 times.
Sponsored

MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares this is an opportunity for transparency and clear communication with the customers impacted and the community as a whole. Can jeep post an update here using your ID, as a form of official, reliable information? Or is it better for rumors and hundreds of calls to continue, with wildly different answers being provided and then re-reported here? If you were the customer, which path would you expect from a good partner?
@JeepCares : All I am going to say is---- As a CUSTOMER, I would feel MUCH better hearing OFFICIAL news from the company about WHY there are DELAYS about my $50,000 vehicle order. Sticking your head in the sand and HOPING it does not affect my confidence about the brand--- is ill-advised. At this point, even IF MY vehicle SHOWS up tomorrow, I am starting to generate SIGNIFICANT concerns about the JEEP JL Turbos. You know what would help ease my concerns and build confidence? OFFICIAL NEWS. Even one well-written article about the Turbo delays in a car magazine, or online contrived interview, would go a LONG way. ---Just sayin... I am not saying I have been waiting too long---I am saying that the rumors and delays without official (and consistent) information are deteriorating confidence in the brand.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
@JeepCares : All I am going to say is---- As a CUSTOMER, I would feel MUCH better hearing OFFICIAL news from the company about WHY there are DELAYS about my $50,000 vehicle order. Sticking your head in the sand and HOPING it does not affect my confidence about the brand--- is ill-advised. At this point, even IF MY vehicle SHOWS up tomorrow, I am starting to generate SIGNIFICANT concerns about the JEEP JL Turbos. You know what would help ease my concerns and build confidence? OFFICIAL NEWS. Even one well-written article about the Turbo delays in a car magazine, or online contrived interview, would go a LONG way. ---Just sayin... I am not saying I have been waiting too long---I am saying that the rumors and delays without official (and consistent) information are deteriorating confidence in the brand.
I agree with that statement

Sponsored

Oilslick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
What a shit show, man I feel for you fellas . I'd regroup and wait for a 19 or a discount on a stale 18 this fall. Seriously I am happy with my jl sahara but it's hard to imagine the frustration of getting no response from fiat. Good luck and I hope to test drive a turbo this fall to see what I am missing.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
What a shit show, man I feel for you fellas . I'd regroup and wait for a 19 or a discount on a stale 18 this fall. Seriously I am happy with my jl sahara but it's hard to imagine the frustration of getting no response from fiat. Good luck and I hope to test drive a turbo this fall to see what I am missing.
Hoping we get SOME feedback or info this week. Want to know exactly what’s going on. Was the fire related? How long are we looking at regarding timeline now due to this? Currently we can’t make any decisions because nobody knows what’s going on.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
FCA already has a class action lawsuit regarding shaved casing inside engine cylinders on the 3.6 because they chose to not disclose what they knew in 2012 and preferred owners incur issues outside the warranty period so they could assumanly wash their hands of it. In my opinion, they are ruining the Jeep brand with these dishonest tactics. Before I order a turbo or diesel or any Jeep, I also want answers. Not wanting to be holding a problem so corporate can meet bonus sales figures. What’s the point of buying American if forced to accept shady overseas corporate greed?

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
anything newly designed WILL have bugs!! yes it sux but thats typical + i would expect MORE to come when they finally hit the road in the real world!! let the beta testing begin!! once they are proven in a couple of years the turbo engine will be a good choice hopefully!! still being interested in the pickup if it can actually haul, the bugs on the turbo should be sorted out!!

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
FCA already has a class action lawsuit regarding shaved casing inside engine cylinders on the 3.6 because they chose to not disclose what they knew in 2012 and preferred owners incur issues outside the warranty period so they could assumanly wash their hands of it. In my opinion, they are ruining the Jeep brand with these dishonest tactics. Before I order a turbo or diesel or any Jeep, I also want answers. Not wanting to be holding a problem so corporate can meet bonus sales figures. What’s the point of buying American if forced to accept shady overseas corporate greed?
Been in contact with corporate and was told they will get to me Friday. Claim not to know the problem...which is worse. At least my 2.0 cloning issue. Will post Friday with the update. If they call again. They called today so I assume they will

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Been in contact with corporate and was told they will get to me Friday. Claim not to know the problem...which is worse. At least my 2.0 cloning issue. Will post Friday with the update. If they call again. They called today so I assume they will
Scary if they don’t know problem

Reactions: x3L

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Scary if they don’t know problem
Naa, corporate peons likely are not in the loop and/or do not want to tell the customer details on a problem encountered prior to even shipping out the vehicles.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Naa, corporate peons likely are not in the loop and/or do not want to tell the customer details on a problem encountered prior to even shipping out the vehicles.
Probably

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Either they are clueless or deliberately covering up a problem. Either way. I’m losing my patience. The MY20 Bronco looks interesting.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
As for the 2.0L Turbo, they are manufactured in Torino, Italy.
I'll bet the harness was made here...
Sponsored