First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It seems Ford is constantly launching and relaunching Bronco as a response to someone else.

First it was Blazer, then Blazer S10, now Wrangler...
Well I'd say that first it was the International Scout before Chevy was even a player in the game.
Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco is simply boring to look at. Yawn. As far as capability - certainly not the "Wrangler killer" that the FoMoCo enthusiasts hyped it up to be.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco is simply boring to look at. Yawn. As far as capability - certainly not the "Wrangler killer" that the FoMoCo enthusiasts hyped it up to be.
Many FoMoCo enthusiasts continue to believe it. Just look at their comments on here. They have totally drank the Bronco Kool-Aid.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Many FoMoCo enthusiasts continue to believe it. Just look at their comments on here. They have totally drank the Bronco Kool-Aid.
Yeah, a group of unicornians.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
At best it’s a 4Runner competitor whose doors and roof happen to come off.
And, depending how cold it is, sometimes the side windows, and other times the engine valves, come off as well... 😫

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, a former military guy, I see...

In line with your thoughts, we've done a 2000+ mile trip to Durango, CO, and back trip and I can honestly say the JL seats were great the whole way. Also did a 1700+ mil trip to Montgomery, AL, and back and felt the same. Seats are very subjective, but my experience has been they are very decent. Also, at my age (57), I prefer a firmer seat than a softer one for my buttocks on long trips... :LOL:
Jeep Wrangler JL “Definitely not as capable as a solid axle Jeep Wrangler” forrest-gump-shot-in-the-buttocks

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
I just hit 1K miles in mine. I plan to write up a comparison vs. my 19 JLU , but I have to say I’m really enjoying it thus far.

E904DEC4-70B9-4762-A68A-D1AB231E12B5.jpeg

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I just hit 1K miles in mine. I plan to write up a comparison vs. my 19 JLU , but I have to say I’m really enjoying it thus far.

E904DEC4-70B9-4762-A68A-D1AB231E12B5.jpeg
I can help a little. Wrangler > Bronco.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
They’ve started to pop up a lot down here in Miami too. They’re not horrible looking but the body is massive so proportions seem funky.
Jeep Wrangler JL “Definitely not as capable as a solid axle Jeep Wrangler” 76765341-5EC9-4CA0-9F40-E635A57F642C

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
They’ve started to pop up a lot down here in Miami too. They’re not horrible looking but the body is massive so proportions seem funky.
Jeep Wrangler JL “Definitely not as capable as a solid axle Jeep Wrangler” 76765341-5EC9-4CA0-9F40-E635A57F642C
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think they are horrible looking, I just don’t think they look nearly as good as the Wrangler. I’m sure they will make plenty of people happy that they bought one, but I’m not interested in the least.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think they are horrible looking, I just don’t think they look nearly as good as the Wrangler. I’m sure they will make plenty of people happy that they bought one, but I’m not interested in the least.
Nah the wrangler has a special look. I think if we were all in the market and weren’t biased towards wranglers it’d be a different story. My girlfriend the other day that if I ever got rid of the jeep thatd be part of my character leaving us.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Nah the wrangler has a special look. I think if we were all in the market and weren’t biased towards wranglers it’d be a different story. My girlfriend the other day that if I ever got rid of the jeep thatd be part of my character leaving us.
Obviously looks are subjective. I would still pick the Wrangler if I was in the market as it is the superior vehicle off-road and is the basis for my decision. On road manners and whatnot aren’t even a consideration for me, it’s which vehicle is the most capable and is the best bug out vehicle if the you know what goes down. My 2nd choice would be the Gladiator, then the Power Wagon. The Bronco would be 4th or 5th (between that and the 4Runner).
Sponsored