“Definitely not as capable as a solid axle Jeep Wrangler”

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
FCA jumped right on the 2012 3.6 V6 issue. Within six months most of those engines had been identified, recalled and repaired.

EcoBoost engines started blowing up in November 2021. Here we are, seven months later, and engines are still blowing up. Ford hasn’t communicated with the affected owners proactively, or even acknowledged that the problem exists.
The 3.6 valve seat issue still remains and lasted to one degree or another the entire JK run. Now the 3.6 has chronic cylinder head cracks. The 2.7L affected about 50 engines and is dealt with.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
FCA jumped right on the 2012 3.6 V6 issue. Within six months most of those engines had been identified, recalled and repaired.

EcoBoost engines started blowing up in November 2021. Here we are, seven months later, and engines are still blowing up. Ford hasn’t communicated with the affected owners proactively, or even acknowledged that the problem exists.
2012 3.6s also have an extended 10 year, 150,000 mile warranty. The issue was most definitely fixed.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.6 valve seat issue still remains and latex the entire JK run. Now the 3.6 has chronic cylinder head cracks. The 2.7L affected about 50 engines and is dealt with.
Yeah, right, sure...whatever makes you happy buddy... :clap:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
The 3.6 valve seat issue still remains and lasted to one degree or another the entire JK run. Now the 3.6 has chronic cylinder head cracks. The 2.7L affected about 50 engines and is dealt with.
Yeah, you've proven yourself to just be a fanboy now.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I take it you haven’t driven either a first gen JK or a current Bronco. With weight concerns, handling issues, death wobble, etc, if Jeep could get rid of the solid axle and retain its market share it would do so in a heartbeat. KoH and race truck winners have all become IFS, just a matter of time before the solid axle is gone.
Those KOH and trophy trucks have built up long arm ifs. The Bronco has the same short arm ifs that is found in every other run of the mill suv. Convenient how that small detail didn't make it into Fords reveal mini movie, where they were spouting the same bs comparisons.

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Well, didyaever own a first gen JK with the 3.8L?
Yes I Did 2007, 2008, and 2009 JKs, mine, my sons and my daughters. As well as first Gen JL, All of them high milers no issues remotely close to what the Bronco still has.. BTW that Ranger platform that the Bronco is built on has been on the road in Australia since 2019 early 2020 as the Raptor Ranger.
Face it, Ford failed in their attempt to dethrone the Wrangler plain and simple.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Who remembers the 3.6 cylinder heads dropping seats from 2012 on that never really got fixed?
You apparently have no clue what issue they had with the 3.6 heads or that there were very few issues with the 3.8 other then it was an outdated engine design.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Yes I Did 2007, 2008, and 2009 JKs, mine, my sons and my daughters. As well as first Gen JL, All of them high milers no issues remotely close to what the Bronco still has.. BTW that Ranger platform that the Bronco is built on has been on the road in Australia since 2019 early 2020 as the Raptor Ranger.
Face it, Ford failed in their attempt to dethrone the Wrangler plain and simple.
Do some reading without prejudice. Bronco is based upon the next generation Ranger.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The Bronco is based on the T6 platform/Ranger, which is new to North America (since 2018/2019), but has been available in international markets for a decade.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
You apparently have no clue what issue they had with the 3.6 heads or that there were very few issues with the 3.8 other then it was an outdated engine design.
Well, let’s see if you’re right on that. I have two friends with ‘12s that have had multiple head replacements, both vehicles bought new. One did a Hemi conversion to kill off the 3.6 curse. Another friend has an AEV 2013, also bought new and after the second head failure had Motech install an LS. Local dealer tech fellow club member will recite you the littany of attempted head fixes on the 3.6. His advice, own no 3.6 earlier than 2015 model year..

As for the 3.8L, despite its boat anchor performance, a far more reliable engine than the 3.6. (My ‘09 JkKUR is a 3.8L.) We have five 3.6L 2021 Gladiators in tour Jeep service, the tech I referred to says it’s not if, but when. Talk about fanboys….🤣

Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
The Bronco is based on the T6 platform/Ranger, which is new to North America (since 2018/2019), but has been available in international markets for a decade.
Wrongo, irs based upon the next gen Ranger which has yet to be released.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is based on the T6 platform, which will be updated for the Ranger in about a year...more or less. It will basically be the T6-part-duex, but yes, the Bronco is based on the current Ranger, which was introduced about a decade ago in other markets.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This thread isn't really about the 3.6L...but:

https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=167
"Summing up, we can say the Pentastar 3.6 reliability is way above average... Despite that they had some issues early on, the 3.6L V6 Pentastar is great, durable, one of the most reliable engines available on the market right now. With proper maintenance, the 3.6 Pentastar engine longevity is around 250-300k miles (there are even a few cases of the Pentastar last up to impressive 500,000 miles)." -emphasis added

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
It's amazing how quickly the Bronco got boring.
I wanted to like it on the test drive, but it was boring out of the gate. And the 20k markup on the price didn't help either.