“Definitely not as capable as a solid axle Jeep Wrangler”

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Understood, but a VIN (and subsequent BOM) is not required until it's scheduled, right? Mine's not scheduled. It's stuck in "being scheduled."
lol being scheduled is pretty much the same as schedule (D1). You are in D status which means your parts ARE Being sourced, scheduled and gathered for delivery to prepare for YOUR build ... that’s why you have a VIN..
Like a contractor that sources the material to build a house. They can not schedule a build date until all parts and materials are Available.
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes perfect sense. But to be clear: the VIN describes the required parts in an extremely general manner. For a '22 Wrangler it's basically number of doors, engine (not transmission), model, left or right drive, and weight category. And yes, I had to write that decoder when building my build sheet extractor that populates my database.
That is incorrect. Your VIN is directly attached to your COMPLETE buildsheet (and window sticker) which has EVERYTHING that goes into the build. My buildsheet for example is 9 pages long.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Why are we arguing over Jeep VINs and whatnot? No matter when the VIN is assigned it’s still superior to the Bronco.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That is incorrect. Your VIN is directly attached to your COMPLETE buildsheet (and window sticker) which has EVERYTHING that goes into the build. My buildsheet for example is 9 pages long.
The person I was responding to said
the VIN includes information about what parts are used to build it
The VIN includes a small subset of that information. It can be linked to significantly more information (e.g. a build sheet, a window sticker, etc.) but the VIN itself does not include that additional information. I can point you to the specs of what information is embedded in our VINs if that would help.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why are we arguing over Jeep VINs and whatnot? No matter when the VIN is assigned it’s still superior to the Bronco.
Yeah. And because Jeep assigns a VIN sooner than Ford, Wrangler starts being superior to Bronco also sooner...

Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Yeah. And because Jeep assigns a VIN sooner than Ford, Wrangler starts being superior to Bronco also sooner...
Wrangler starts its life out superior to the Ford 4Runner, ooops, I mean Bronco, and continues on from there.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
I completely agree with that.

However, because Ford aimed Bronco squarely at Wrangler, in this particular case Jeep had to respond, and some “innovation” came out of it.

Having said that, from this point going forward, Jeep has the option to:
  1. Invest in development in an effort to keep Wrangler at the forefront of the off-roading category. This is what Jeep used to do 20-30 years ago. Or...
  2. Take the less expensive and lazy approach and keep Wrangler “competitive” by simply continuing to focus on comfort & convenience features, on technology gadgets handed down from Grand Cherokee —and Wagoneer. This is what Jeep has been doing for the past 10+ years
JL saw hardly any off-road innovations relative to JK. The emphasis was on making Wrangler more comfortable, more efficient, more livable day-to-day. Bronco is now making it plain obvious that Jeep has been resting on its laurels for too long.
If it makes Jeep owners any more uncomfortable, this past Saturday at Moab Easter Jeep SafariI was on Top of the World trail with an assortment of Jeeps, TJs, LJs, JKs, JLs including three 392s and one stock Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4door. The trail is a nasty, beat up series of ledges & rocks that climbs relentlessly to the top of the rim overlooking Onion Crook. The Bronco on 35s climbed it just as easily as any of the Jeeps, including my JKUR on 37s. It was impressive.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it makes Jeep owners any more uncomfortable, this past Saturday at Moab Easter Jeep SafariI was on Top of the World trail with an assortment of Jeeps, TJs, LJs, JKs, JLs including three 392s and one stock Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4door. The trail is a nasty, beat up series of ledges & rocks that climbs relentlessly to the top of the rim overlooking Onion Crook. The Bronco on 35s climbed it just as easily as any of the Jeeps, including my JKUR on 37s. It was impressive.
It’s quite impressive how well a good driver, that knows what they are doing, can do. No matter what they drive.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did that Bronco get stuck, or did the engine blow a valve out there...?

Both are equally possible. Now we will never know.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did that Bronco get stuck, or did the engine blow a valve out there...?

Both are equally possible. Now we will never know.
Stuck on sand bar and tide came in. lol

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time

AcesandEights

First Name