“Braille” type Bumps under paint

Chaser20

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
i was washing/waxing my wrangler today and noticed a very small line of what looks like tiny bumps in the paint on the panel under my driver door. It’s around 5 “bumps” that I can best compare to what braille looks and feels like. The paint is intact and there doesn’t seem to be any cracking. I’m just curious if anyone has ever experienced this and wanted an option on if it will be ok to just let it be since it’s not noticeable. I have a 2023 wrangler that I’ve owned for almost a year and never noticed it until today. I would post a pic but the spot is so small it won’t show up. I just don’t want it to cause issues down the line.
Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
makes sense that stellantis has blind people building jeeps with all the quality control issues we always hear about.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Braille” type Bumps under paint bigsby
look no further fella- SIR!!! Im in no shape o formmmm of that of any nigurum!! All then A rabs! Can’t understand you !

OP
OP

Chaser20

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Rust would be the most obvious cause.
But the car is brand new with no exposed metal/aluminum for rust to form. And the paint is still white. Could debris got under the paint at the factory?

Sponsored

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sucks but this could be trash under paint from factory. Or it could be early sign of the well known since 2018 corrosion issues on the door hinges, bottom edge of door, edges of hood and a few other areas. Do a search here or google and you'll see plenty of info on it.

Call it out to dealer for documentation in the event at a later date there is issues with paint peeling. You could in addition to letting a dealer know take it to a body shop and get an opinion of what they think it might be. If it's trash then I would leave it be.

CoopGriffon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
Trash in the paint. Mine has had it since new. Various locations. You will probably find more. Look around the roll cage.

OP
OP

Chaser20

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Trash in the paint. Mine has had it since new. Various locations. You will probably find more. Look around the roll cage.
thanks for this info. Looked at my roll cage and yep, have them there too. I’m guessing it’s ok to just let them be… no issue in leaving them

JesseT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe
Yep. I had one on the hood, one on the tailgate and one on the rocker panel (as well as a couple of other paint defects) straight from the factory. I got two of them approved for fix under warranty. They didn't do the other spots, but they're less conspicuous and at least I have documentation if anything goes wrong later.

Of course, since getting them repaired I've found a couple more on the sport bars now that I've taken the freedom panels off for good weather.

CoopGriffon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
thanks for this info. Looked at my roll cage and yep, have them there too. I’m guessing it’s ok to just let them be… no issue in leaving them
Mine have not been any issue…you have to consider how much paint would have to be removed to actually expose bare metal. I think you would have more possible issues from hinges or rock chips than trash under the paint. Think of it like debris under tint. Still tinted, just a flaw.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I’d clay-bar that spot.
its in the paint. clay wont help this situation. as others have said, only way to fix is sand down smooth and repaint. probably causing more issues in the long run.
Sponsored