MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Finally got to look at it with my local dealer master tech that’s helping me out after hours for free…really cool guy! So we pulled the bolt for the speed sensor and couldn’t get a reading while I spun the wheel moving the sensor in and out…depth is not the issue. So then we pulled the centering bushing out of the flange and we were finally able to get a reading but only when we pushed the sensor to the very front of the sensor hole (as close to the axle tube as we could push it). However, there was no way to bolt it up in that position…and using the centering bushing was out of the question 🙃 So that leads me to think that my wheel flanges were machined wrong because I’m having this issue on both rear wheels. Pretty annoying, hopefully Dynatrac will send me new wheel flanges and that will be the end of it.

TLDR version; Wheel sensor holes are in the wrong spot for them to get a good tone ring reading. Arrow on below pic shows which way we had to hold the sensor to get any kind of reading.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 6A48867C-49E0-4D3F-8BA4-CB098EBF1E7A
Sponsored

MNGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392 XR - 2022 Power Wagon
How was the install on your shocks? It appears you are running the Falcon SP2 3.3. Mine just arrived and the instructions say to shift the vacuum tank by the passenger fender. did you have issues when you installed yours? I measured and the shorter reservoir from the center of the bolt only measures 6.25 inches and appears it would clear the tank by at least an inch. Do you know why they are having people relocate the tank? I would greatly appreciate any information you can share. Thanks .

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
How was the install on your shocks? It appears you are running the Falcon SP2 3.3. Mine just arrived and the instructions say to shift the vacuum tank by the passenger fender. did you have issues when you installed yours? I measured and the shorter reservoir from the center of the bolt only measures 6.25 inches and appears it would clear the tank by at least an inch. Do you know why they are having people relocate the tank? I would greatly appreciate any information you can share. Thanks .
I’m actually installing the front shocks this week so I’ll take a look at what you’re talking about. *Finally* got the rear axle issues sorted out so now I can move onto the rest of the front end punch list items. Install the front Falcons, relocate the washer tank, install the steering boost kit and sector shaft brace, install front fender liners and the steering stabilizer. Once I swap them on I’ll post an update.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Happy to say that after 5 weeks of waiting for hubs to be machined…the issues are finally gone! Beyond excited to have an error free dash again 🤣 Had to re-tap all 20 axle shaft holes on the hubs as it seems Dynatrac’s tap was worn out but finally got them installed. The tone ring was about 1/4” bigger on the new hubs and it was pressed on and not machined like the original hubs.

Got it in 4 Low and both lockers and the sway bar disconnect works like normal. Dynatrac was good to work with albeit a bit slow to build and ship the new hubs but as long as these things remain error free in the future I’ll be happy. In hindsight I would have went with UD60s and I still stand by that. If I ever axle swap another Jeep it’ll be with UD60s. Live and learn. Time to beat these axles up!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Happy to say that after 5 weeks of waiting for hubs to be machined…the issues are finally gone! Beyond excited to have an error free dash again 🤣 Had to re-tap all 20 axle shaft holes on the hubs as it seems Dynatrac’s tap was worn out but finally got them installed. The tone ring was about 1/4” bigger on the new hubs and it was pressed on and not machined like the original hubs.

Got it in 4 Low and both lockers and the sway bar disconnect works like normal. Dynatrac was good to work with albeit a bit slow to build and ship the new hubs but as long as these things remain error free in the future I’ll be happy. In hindsight I would have went with UD60s and I still stand by that. If I ever axle swap another Jeep it’ll be with UD60s. Live and learn. Time to beat these axles up!
I forget — are you running RCVs up front ? Or just forcing 2wd?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I forget — are you running RCVs up front ? Or just forcing 2wd?
Forcing RWD. I get some crow hop around tight parking lots in AWD/locked hubs which is to be expected. It steers noticeably easier with the hubs unlocked so for street driving I plan on just running in 2WD. Only plan on using AWD if it’s a major downpour or if I’m on snow/gravel.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forcing RWD. I get some crow hop around tight parking lots in AWD/locked hubs which is to be expected. It steers noticeably easier with the hubs unlocked so for street driving I plan on just running in 2WD. Only plan on using AWD if it’s a major downpour or if I’m on snow/gravel.
Makes sense. Not too bad traction given weight of tires / addons I assume ? My plan right now is to order Currie’s 392 axle setup which is designed to allow for full time use of awd.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Makes sense. Not too bad traction given weight of tires / addons I assume ? My plan right now is to order Currie’s 392 axle setup which is designed to allow for full time use of awd.
If I floor it from a stop it’ll roast the rear tires but if you’re moving and roll into it there’s no issues. Just gets up and goes! Those Curries are bad ass. If you don’t do a ton of 70+ highway I’d probably opt for the 5.38s. Better crawl ratio with the 2.72 t-case. I think 4.88s are a little undergeared with 40s even with the Hemi.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I floor it from a stop it’ll roast the rear tires but if you’re moving and roll into it there’s no issues. Just gets up and goes! Those Curries are bad ass. If you don’t do a ton of 70+ highway I’d probably opt for the 5.38s. Better crawl ratio with the 2.72 t-case. I think 4.88s are a little undergeared with 40s even with the Hemi.
I agree. 4.56's seem too tall for my 37" KM3s.

The Currie's are insane. Coupled w/ Alcon's and my Fox 3.0's, this thing will be unstoppable. Planning on putting a 446 in it as well. It'll mostly sit on 39" KM3's except for trips to Moab once a year where I'll run some stickies.

MNGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392 XR - 2022 Power Wagon
I’m actually installing the front shocks this week so I’ll take a look at what you’re talking about. *Finally* got the rear axle issues sorted out so now I can move onto the rest of the front end punch list items. Install the front Falcons, relocate the washer tank, install the steering boost kit and sector shaft brace, install front fender liners and the steering stabilizer. Once I swap them on I’ll post an update.
We installed the SP2 3.3 yesterday. The shock install itself was fine. Relocating or shifting the vacuum tank per instructions was a PIA, definitely a good idea to have a second set of hands. Also what steering box/sector shaft brace are you going to use?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
We installed the SP2 3.3 yesterday. The shock install itself was fine. Relocating or shifting the vacuum tank per instructions was a PIA, definitely a good idea to have a second set of hands. Also what steering box/sector shaft brace are you going to use?
Steersmarts. I may hold off on that until potentially I send my steering box out to be ported for hydro assist this fall. Gonna see how the Apex boost kit does on its own. If it’s not enough I’ll get the box ported then install the brace on re-assembly. Don’t feel like doing that twice if I don’t have to.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steersmarts. I may hold off on that until potentially I send my steering box out to be ported for hydro assist this fall. Gonna see how the Apex boost kit does on its own. If it’s not enough I’ll get the box ported then install the brace on re-assembly. Don’t feel like doing that twice if I don’t have to.
It won't be enough. It does help, but it's more of a 'helps in parking lots at low psi' and not 'helps make a difference in the rocks' -- my $0.02. I run it on my ecodiesel gladiator. It made zero difference in the rocks on 40" stickies. Unfortunately, unless you're running 37's or smaller, it really isn't sufficient. I'll just be going true hydro assist / back to a non-electric pump. Not sure PSC's diesel kit is out yet.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Still need to trim the rear pinch seams so I can stuff the 40s but for now I’m happy. Taking it to the OBX for a lazy beach trip next weekend. Getting a proper alignment/tire balance next week. Plan to hit the trails in September. Buying a trailer ASAP because while I love how it drives on 40s I’m not too keen on a 10 hour road trip on them to Windrock. Ordering the PSC kit soon…opted not to install the Apex boost kit. Just going to do the steering once and do it right and be done!

Until then, enjoy this 25-100mph pull on 5.38s/40s 😎

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:rock:

Still need to trim the rear pinch seams so I can stuff the 40s but for now I’m happy. Taking it to the OBX for a lazy beach trip next weekend. Getting a proper alignment/tire balance next week. Plan to hit the trails in September. Buying a trailer ASAP because while I love how it drives on 40s I’m not too keen on a 10 hour road trip on them to Windrock. Ordering the PSC kit soon…opted not to install the Apex boost kit. Just going to do the steering once and do it right and be done!

Until then, enjoy this 25-100mph pull on 5.38s/40s 😎