Not open for further replies.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
...Nothing Chrysler produced between the muscle car era and about 2000 was worth owning.....
Ouch. My TJ, SRT-4, and Dakota R/T were all worth owning IMO.
Sponsored

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
When people start making a fuss about gas engines, I just tell them that my vehicles are solar powered. They usually stop and ask me to explain. Well... we all know where oil comes from, decayed organic matter over millions of years ago. Where did those plants get their energy? That's right, the sun. I'm just releasing the sun's potential energy stored up in the plants (and animals that ate the plants), therefore my vehicles are solar powered. They usually laugh or walk away. Or both.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Let's just hope they don't implement this like in Europe. You pay a yearly vehicle tax that is based on displacement of engine, fuel type, and also if it's a primary or secondary vehicle.

I believe the tax also goes up drastically so a 6.4L Hemi would be paying >3.2x that of a 2.0L as someone has deemed it as excessive to own and operate such a vehicle.

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
All this means is that their entire vehicle line-up has to average 40mpg -- every vehicle doesn't have to hit that number. They'll still be able to offer vehicles with 25mpg as long as they offer enough vehicles with higher mpg to average the 40mpg threshold.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

With the 4xe and the inevitable fully-electric Wrangler in the next 2-3 years, this wouldn't even be that hard for FCA/Stellantis to hit on the Wrangler lineup alone, much less averaged across their entire product portfolio.

The ICE Wranglers average what, 20?
The current 4xe averages closer to 50, I believe? (Could be wrong here)

So they're already sitting at a ~35 avg MPG on the Wrangler lineup as it sits today. Mild improvements on the 4xe and the launch of a fully electric vehicle would bang this out easily.

Provided, of course, that a fully electric vehicle could/would factor in somehow. Obviously can't use "MPG" but there's likely an equivalent.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I thought I read somewhere that its 40mpg for the companies / makes. Can have cars and trucks that get 5mpg as long as you offset it with 80mpg cars.

Again, just something I read and did not do any research whatsoever before regurgitating it
It is the CAFE corporate average fleet economy.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I need to win the lottery, to get my 392, before their gone!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.