Status
Not open for further replies.

wranglerlove82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EcoDiesel Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
News headline in my inbox this morning.

What do we suppose this means for future Wranglers as well as resell values?
Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
In Germany, they only sell 4xe Wranglers. Ford just released the Maverick with the hybrid option as the base model. Just a sign of the times.

At least in the states, I do expect this to get delayed/repealed if politics flips the other way.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
They better add some sails then, cause I'm pretty sure it won't be easy getting that square boat to hit 40MPG, at least without coasting downhill with a slight breeze at its backend. Maybe someone will invent low-rolling resistance all-terrain tires? 🤣

hface119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Sport S
In Germany, they only sell 4xe Wranglers. Ford just released the Maverick with the hybrid option as the base model. Just a sign of the times.

At least in the states, I do expect this to get delayed/repealed if politics flips the other way.
Not likely to matter. The manufacturers know where things are going, they're not going to sit around and wait for the swing of presidential administrations to effect how much they're investing in the technology. For example, the entire Jeep line will have a hybrid option in the short term, and Stellantis has made pretty clear they're eyeing full EV next.

What politics will effect is how much you and I stand to save from the eventual purchase of an electric vehicle by way of tax credits.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not likely to matter. The manufacturers know where things are going, they're not going to sit around and wait for the swing of presidential administrations to effect how much they're investing in the technology. For example, the entire Jeep line will have a hybrid option in the short term, and Stellantis has made pretty clear they're eyeing full EV next.

What politics will effect is how much you and I stand to save from the eventual purchase of an electric vehicle by way of tax credits.
Indeed. Constant flip-flopping doesn’t help anyone.

Automakers are not going to plan their business around fickle US elections. If the US is unwilling to lead, automakers will simply plan around the standards of another nation that has its shit together and a longer-term view.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’ll be damned… was just reading this post and laughing… and then the tv news just confirmed it! Seriously?! 🤨
5FD77453-2281-4F87-B4ED-7105DD4B78D9.jpeg
Love the jaw-dropped face of that anchor woman! 😫

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
News headline in my inbox this morning.

What do we suppose this means for future Wranglers as well as resell values?
hey, you’ll have a “classic”🙄
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.