Sponsored

“”Mirrors”” for when you have your doors off…

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I don't have off door mirrors, but if I did it would be the MOPAR ones because they look sweet, and looking sweet is what its all about if you wanna get "ducked!" Cause "duckin'" is what it's all about in the end. 👌🏻 :rock: Seriously, get the MOPAR ones.

Bpieroway

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo xc70, civic hatchback touring
Any recommendations for any particular mirrors for when you have your doors off. I see there are way too many choices and not sure what I’m looking for…….. Thank you very much for your help.
done a lot of research. I plan on buying the Lange Coyote personally.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I love my Lange Coyote mirrors on my JT. I'm going to transfer them to my JLR when it's in. You can leave the mount in place all the time and just put the mirrors on when you are ready for them. They are convex so they have a good range of view, just take a bit to get used to. They don't move even at 80+MPH. Comes with thumb or hex screws for the mirrors, depending how much ease/security you want.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/lange-coyote-mirrors-2018-jl.html

Seem to be out of stock most places, but very worth it. I used a pair of el cheapos from Amazon first because I didn't want to pay $100+ for mirrors, big mistake, They moved around 20mph, not useful.
Came to say this exactly. I had a similar experience starting with cheapies first. Glad I went for the good stuff!

Being able to leave the mounting block in place and just pop the mirrors back on is GREAT!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@KHR Racing

I used to go on and on about the CMM mirror offering. Terrific offering as are the Lange's..

But then I realized that some guys just wanted mirrors to satisfy State legal requirements or mirrors just to use once in a while... and that many guys did not want to spend lots of $ on mirrors. They just want a decent pair of mirrors... that do the deed.

With that said... you can find rather good aftermarket mirrors for as little as say $8.00.. again $8 a pair or for as high as $130+-.

What are you looking to spend? Are you going to use the mirrors often?

Here is a thread about the $4.00 mirror..
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/4-mirrors-couldnt-be-happier-dont-pay-more.57981/

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Seriously dude , I did the search and it only came up with one thread…… can you suggest a particular way to look it up where I find more than one thread , thanks.
I use Rugged Ridge Trail mirrors.

For searching the forum. If you go to Google and type "offroad mirrors JLWranglerforum" you will find stuff a lot faster than the terrible forum search.

Welcome!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
@KHR Racing

I used to go on and on about the CMM mirror offering. Terrific offering as are the Lange's..

But then I realized that some guys just wanted mirrors to satisfy State legal requirements or mirrors just to use once in a while... and that many guys did not want to spend lots of $ on mirrors. They just want a decent pair of mirrors... that do the deed.

With that said... you can find rather good aftermarket mirrors for as little as say $8.00.. again $8 a pair or for as high as $130+-.

What are you looking to spend? Are you going to use the mirrors often?

Here is a thread about the $4.00 mirror..
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/4-mirrors-couldnt-be-happier-dont-pay-more.57981/
Thank you. $ = not a big problem. On our JK’s we had the small round mirror with the long rod going into the hinge that wears out the hinge bushings because you have to tighten the mirror like crazy so it doesn’t vibrate. Now we are looking for some nice looking and practical but not too small mirrors. Kinda interested on the one that looks like it goes over the hinge with a set screw…. Have to do some homework on that one tonight. And I am very thankful for all the replies from all the good folks.

Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Lange coyote mirrors as well...of course a pair of chrome coated sunglasses held out the door opening by hand works just as well.....you just have to take off and on!
Jeep Wrangler JL “”Mirrors”” for when you have your doors off… PXL_20210615_221629110
Jeep Wrangler JL “”Mirrors”” for when you have your doors off… PXL_20210615_221611163

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thank you. $ = not a big problem. On our JK’s we had the small round mirror with the long rod going into the hinge that wears out the hinge bushings because you have to tighten the mirror like crazy so it doesn’t vibrate. Now we are looking for some nice looking and practical but not too small mirrors. Kinda interested on the one that looks like it goes over the hinge with a set screw…. Have to do some homework on that one tonight. And I am very thankful for all the replies from all the good folks.
Ya, that's why I like the RR ones. You can get rectangle or circle shaped ones and they're a good price. Attach at the windshield hinge.

jlaliberty

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being Built - 2022 Rubicon XR
Any recommendations for any particular mirrors for when you have your doors off. I see there are way too many choices and not sure what I’m looking for…….. Thank you very much for your help.
A friend of mine got these, and they were really nice.
https://www.jpeggz.com/
Sponsored