OP

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara, 2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered a couple more items today as I got word from FCA that my vehicle is now in “shipping” status and has an estimated delivery date between TODAY and 3/12. A set of KC lights and an Off-road Adventures trailgater table are on their way. Slowly checking items off my list!
Sponsored

OP
OP

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the Mercedes folks weren’t really a family...maybe if you consider in-laws. Though I wasn’t hanging around the AMG guys so who knows.

In other news, bought a set of the Mopar Performance Rock Rails from @PullmeSideways1341 here. Will pick them up at some point this week. Next will be headliner and sound dampening for the floorpan, I think.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We purchased a ‘21 JLU Sahara for my daughter last year and have been nothing but impressed. So much so that we decided to trade in my ‘16 Mercedes GLE 400 and order a ‘21 JLU Rubicon. The Mercedes is quick for an SUV but the Jeep will be more capable in the winter and more fun in the spring and summer, I’m sure of it. Ordered 1/19 and expected delivery date of 3/8 was just sent to me.

So this is a “build” thread, but my guess is that mods will happen fairly slowly (at least at first). I’ve taken a turn or two at some easy mods on my daughter’s including tail light guards, a stubby antenna, Hothead Headliner and an ESS memory module...as well as a fender flare rebuild and paint touch up already...ha. Seems very easy to work on and look forward to taking on some more projects with mine. Here’s my basic spec (photo :

-2.0L turbo
-Automatic trans
-Billet Silver Metallic
-Painted fender flares and hard top
-OWL off-road tires
-Standard wheels
-Cloth seats (will live with them for a while and may buy a set of Katzkins)
-8.4” UConnect and Premium Audio System
-Steel Bumper Group
-Cold Weather Group
-Safety Group
-Trailer Tow & HD Electrical
-Cargo tub liner
-Stainless steel sill guards
-All weather floor mats
-Remote start
-Remote proximity
-LED lighting group

As I said, will modify slowly...starting with stubby antenna, dead pedal, a couple KC Pro 6 lights mounted to the bumper, perhaps the Katzkins, the ESS memory module, an exhaust, stainless brake lines and larger rotors and calipers. Hoping to use this as a very capable fishing/camping vehicle so I’ll be doing my research on rod carriers (perhaps inside, perhaps rooftop) and tackle storage, and maybe a rooftop tent system.

Regardless, looking forward to the journey and happy to join the community. Jeep wave.

1612314624389.jpeg
Nice looking jeep, my only suggestion would be go with a tazer over the ess memory module. With the tazer you get ess memory, traction control memory, and all the other functions like sway bar disconnect at any speed (great for higher speed dirt roads), lockers in 4 hi, and all the other cool features.

Sponsored

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Nice looking jeep, my only suggestion would be go with a tazer over the ess memory module. With the tazer you get ess memory, traction control memory, and all the other functions like sway bar disconnect at any speed (great for higher speed dirt roads), lockers in 4 hi, and all the other cool features.
Yes good advise for sure. I bought the EES Memory module only to wind up selling it and buying the Tazer for the rest of the features.

OP
OP

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accomplished a lot on the first full day of JLUR ownership: installed Mopar performance rock rails, installed Outback Adventure Trailgater, installed stubby antenna, installed ESS module (“for now”), put some plate frames on, got the carpet out of my drain plugs and installed the all weather mats, got the phone connected and UConnect up and running, updated my iPass...AND most importantly got the freedom panels off and went for a nice drive with the windows down!

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
Accomplished a lot on the first full day of JLUR ownership: installed Mopar performance rock rails, installed Outback Adventure Trailgater, installed stubby antenna, installed ESS module (“for now”), put some plate frames on, got the carpet out of my drain plugs and installed the all weather mats, got the phone connected and UConnect up and running, updated my iPass...AND most importantly got the freedom panels off and went for a nice drive with the windows down!
Pics or it didn’t happen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered my headliner and floor pan sound deadener today as well as my roof rack cross bars and fishing rod tube. Also got my Hoist-A-Top repositioned on the garage ceiling. Friday I’ll probably order an exhaust, intake and intercooler pipe.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
OP
OP

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming along nicely Brian! What exhaust are thinking about running?

Where in Illinois are you?

-Steven
I’m thinking about the Magnaflow Rock Crawler or the Street Series. I’m not sure how much aggressive crawling I’m going to be doing so the extra clearance isn’t super important...we’ll see. I’m in the western suburbs of Chicago. Are you an Illinoisan as well?

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I’m thinking about the Magnaflow Rock Crawler or the Street Series. I’m not sure how much aggressive crawling I’m going to be doing so the extra clearance isn’t super important...we’ll see. I’m in the western suburbs of Chicago. Are you an Illinoisan as well?
I'm in near west suburbs, hope I see you around at some point.

I recently posted a review of AFE's Hi-Tuck Axle Back. Possibly another exhaust to consider for your build?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
Sponsored