Sponsored

‘21 JLU Won’t Shutdown

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a ‘21 JLUR and when I push stop the engine shuts down, but the dash stays lit along with the radio. Never turns off, even after locking doors. to complicate thIngs I am out of town at a hotel. I have a Walmart close where I will buy some tools to pull fuses or disconnect the battery(s) to keep it from dying overnight.
so….besides the “has anyone experienced this” question, how do I preserve the little battery? Is there a ground wire I can reach to disconnect? TIA
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I think the small battery grounded to the body on a post with a 10mm nut right next to the main battery but not certain. Worth a shot though.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have a ‘21 JLUR and when I push stop the engine shuts down, but the dash stays lit along with the radio. Never turns off, even after locking doors. to complicate thIngs I am out of town at a hotel. I have a Walmart close where I will buy some tools to pull fuses or disconnect the battery(s) to keep it from dying overnight.
so….besides the “has anyone experienced this” question, how do I preserve the little battery? Is there a ground wire I can reach to disconnect? TIA
@Caymanedge

First.......Try pulling fuse F97 in the Power Distribution Centert. For sure it will kill all power to the radio and there is a chance it may have an impact on the other dash lights..

Jeep Wrangler JL ‘21 JLU Won’t Shutdown F97 fuse marked

----------------------------------------

To kill all 12v power on your JL, do not , again do not touch any cables on the Main batteries positive side... Again, do not!

What you want to do is disconnect and separate all of the cables on the negative side of the Main battery. This will kill all 12v power to the JL, from both the Main and Aux batteries.

Jeep Wrangler JL ‘21 JLU Won’t Shutdown Jeep power disconnect

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Yup. Fuse 97. Makes you forever OCD waiting for the dash light to turn off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Caymanedge

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for the help.
After My tool and flashlight run to Walmart….it shutdown. It was like the Accessory was stpuck on but now its off.
So I disconnected the grounds to be safe tonight…..