Sponsored

‘20 Sport S Unlimited Build Recommendations

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I would recommend that you go aftermarket, specifically the JL300 switch. For starters, it's cheaper than the mopar option, and it also give you more switches (6 vs 4). Secondly, I think it looks a lot cleaner and better than the factory option. You can also cover up the non-used switches with the stickers they give you so that as your accessories grow, you don't have these blank switch panels.

I did the install myself and had honestly NO electrical experience other than swapping out a few light switches/outlets at home, and it took me a couple of hours. Knowing what I'm doing now, it would probably take me less than about an hour to do. I also love that it's powered, so when you wire in accessories you're just running the hot wire to the switch, and then the negative back to the battery, so your engine bay stays pretty wire-free.
I second this comment I just installed tonight was really pretty easy. I spent about 2 hours probably but was taking my time. Now to get some accessories to connect, LOL. Time will tell about the reliability.
Sponsored

Cal3san

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2118 3.6L Sport S
Elliott,
Have you checked out what's available at the Auto Hobby Shop at Dover AFB? I know my local base (MCAS CP NC) has a better equipped shop than most commercial shops. When you figure in the very low rental rate and the fact you are your own mechanic it is a win-win money-wise.

Good luck with your mods.