Sponsored

‘18 Black JLUR - NEW 39” BFG KM3 & Rotiform SIX 17x9, RK X-Factor 3.5” w/ Kings, Road Armor Flares

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Just picked up the new ride. It handles like a dream! Much more solid that the JK Sahara I rented in Maui last year. Worth every penny. Has the hard top, premium audio, steel bumpers, remote start, LEDs, 8-speed auto, 8.4 inch UConnect, and safety package.

It’s an odd comparison, but it handles like an SUV version of a VW GTI, my prior car. Felt like a smooth transition.

It was the first JL Rubicon the dealership got, and I was all over this thing for like a week. It was going to be their floor model, but that didn’t work out for them. Think it may be one of the first, if not the first, to arrive in North Texas.

If you’re thinking about getting one, do it! If you’ve ordered one and you’re concerned about how much better it handles, it’s amazing!

22B01491-F1C8-41C2-8635-6212A8FE25EE.jpeg

4A77CF2C-881A-45D1-9FDA-70D5985B5944.jpeg

E079179C-D7E1-4E3E-A9F4-29BA9EA30C46.jpeg
Very nice! I think the upgraded wheels look great with the black. Enjoy!
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Agree. I normally don't care for black, but that combination with the premium wheels really makes it.
It looks like the perfect combination for those wheels. I changed mine to stock, but if I had a black one, I would have ordered the premium wheels.

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Very pretty. Externally pretty much exactly how I spec'd mine -- black on black on black with the black wheels -- 6-speed manual with LED, Alpine, and most of the other available packages -- still sitting in D1 though. Very few black JLUR photos posted so far, and this is the first I've seen with the upspec Rubicon rims on black. I liked both of the wheel options (might have kept the standard ones if they were available all black from the factory -- oddly some of the press photos have them) but this looks great glad I went with those. I'm also glad to see they went with the subdued "Wrangler" decal under the Jeep logo. Some of the black JL mule/demo photos had this as a white decal and it looked terrible. First thing I'm adding is front tint -- the wait is terrible. Best of luck!
Thank you!

This was intended to be the dealership’s “showcase” vehicle. It was the only available vehicle on the Jeep website at the time, so I hopped all over the opportunity. I didn’t have this one custom ordered, but it was pretty close to what I wanted. I really wanted the cold weather package because my hands always get close and I like the feeling of a warm ass (wakka wakka).

I initially had some reservations about the premium wheel package since I felt that the default Rubi wheels were rather nice. However, as time has passed they’ve really grown on me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Nooooooooo. So frustrating waving at Jeeps with tint, can never tell whether they're waving back.
I need to tint the front as well. The first custom item I purchased were wheel locks. I also bought some items for an aftermarket audio system that I’ll use to expand the already excellent Alpine premium audio system I purchased as part of the vehicle options package.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Yeah, the premium Rubi wheels are awesome.

Thank you!

This was intended to be the dealership’s “showcase” vehicle. It was the only available vehicle on the Jeep website at the time, so I hopped all over the opportunity. I didn’t have this one custom ordered, but it was pretty close to what I wanted. I really wanted the cold weather package because my hands always get close and I like the feeling of a warm ass (wakka wakka).

I initially had some reservations about the premium wheel package since I felt that the default Rubi wheels were rather nice. However, as time has passed they’ve really grown on me.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Congrats, You guys are killing me I ajust need the tan soft top to come available and then Cha Ching!

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Very nice! I think the upgraded wheels look great with the black. Enjoy!
I noticed your grill is black. Was that an option to have it in black? I ordered a Sahara with all the options except for the cold weather option.

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed your grill is black. Was that an option to have it in black? I ordered a Sahara with all the options except for the cold weather option.
No, it wasn’t an option, it came in black.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think all black Sahara will come with the black grill as well?
I’m not entirely sure. I’ve spent most of my time focused on the Rubi.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ok. Congrats on your Rubi. I should receive my Sahara on 2/3/18.

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, previously 2007 Wrangler, 97 TJ
I believe the Sahara will have the silver outline on the grill
upload_2018-1-26_16-17-54.png

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks for the photo. The grill looks good. It matches the silver inserts in the fog lamps.
Sponsored