- Rock Slide Engineering Step Slider
MODS - INTERIOR
- Vector OffRoad Full Width Dock
- 67 Design phone docks and arm
- GPCA Grip Pro
MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER
JL Tazer Mini
HISTORY / EXPERIENCE / COMMENTS
Building an Export Market Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has proven to be an immensely troublesome project due to slow development in parts, cost or products as a result of logistics and taxes, and a lot less source material to reference. As such, I've decided that I will document all the differences in my project development in hopes of helping those who are in a similar situation to me.

- 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3: Chose these tires due to their durability. From my understanding, many other tires just don't last with the harsh environment down here. Note it'll cost a bit more, but best to make sure you are buying these tires from Mickey Thompson Australia. There are cheaper ones that are parallel imports, but those will most likely not be covered by the brand warranty. So treat the added expense as insurance.
- Mopar Hightop Fenders: Export Rubicon's don't have the hightop fenders that are found on the US specced vehicles. Ours are the same as every other JL. As such I've had to arrange for an Australian distributor to ship Mopar Hightop Fenders here by sea. I've found a few places in the US willing to ship over here, but the cost of freight was approximately $2,000 to $2,500 due to size of box. Needless to say that I didn't go through with it.
- AEV 2.5" Dual Sport RT Suspension: AEV are one of the few companies that have developed a suspension system specifically for the right hand drive Wranglers. It's a 3" lift rather than a 2.5" lift as the added height was designed to offset the added weight of our modded vehicles. The ride is firmer than stock and feels more planted. However, there are definite times when you feel that increased center of gravity.
- Rugged Ridge HD Tire Carrier: Very good tire carrier for the money. Solidly built. But note that with the altered reverse camera position, the reverse guide lines are off. I also noted that the camera housing doesn't seem to be waterproof. So not sure how that will turn out if I ever hose the back down.
- Vector OffRoad Full Width Dock: It's designed for the left hand drive market, but you can flip parts around to fit the right hand side drive. Due to height alignment caused by flipping parts around, I've had to add 4mm washer on the right hand side to lift that end up a bit.
Reactions: AJ CJ5

Item information

Added by
echo17
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Rubicon Unlimited

Share this item