MODEL / TRIM
JLUR
COLOR
Sting Grey
ENGINE
TRANSMISSION
8 Speed
MODS - EXTERIOR
Westin stubby front bumper and 13K pound X-BULL Winch, 60 Watt LEDs, 35 Watt KC HIDs, Inch and a half wheel spacers, Diamond dual band, half wave, radiales antenna and mounting.
MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS
500 song MP-3 player, Baofeng BF-F8 HP Dual Band Radio.
HISTORY / EXPERIENCE / COMMENTS
Mainly wanted to show how I mounted all this stuff without drilling to many holes in my Jeep. 66 years old and hard to get up off the concrete and the knees don't like it either but we managed to get it done. That's a bumper washer drilled to a 5/8 hole backing up the antenna mount. That antenna works great up there and hits all the repeaters around the Valley and Payson with the little hand held radio. Don't need a ground plane with this style antenna. Antenna folds over as well. The picture shows the radio and remote for the LEDs hanging from the mirror, no holes for that stuff. The other picture shows the wiring for the HIDs that goes under the fender, in the door jam, under the dash, and melted a hole in the bottom of the glove box with two small holes for the switch bracket. Didn't bother me drilling some holes in the glove box, can't see them either. Got everything but the winch from Amazon, E-Bay had a better price on that. Those LED's are kind of cool, 20 LEDs in each light for 60 Watts a piece. 300 Watt remote wiring harness is cool with no wires or holes and the lights do 4 different flashes as well. Kind of like the stock wheels and some day we will get some 315s for them. Tires cost to much to waist a good set. Spent a lot of time figuring out how to mount this stuff and thought someone else might like to see it. Made the brackets for the HIDs as well. Don't like that big bracket they sell for them.

Item information

Added by
Bob502000
Views
Last update

More in Rubicon Unlimited

Share this item