Specs, Mods, Photos
- MODEL YEAR
- MODEL / TRIM
- Wrangler Sahara
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- 2.0L Turbo
- Trailer Tow & Heavy Duty Electrical, Safety, Advanced Safety, Selec-trac Full time 4WD, Cold Weather, Uconnect 4C Nav 8.4 display
- FACTORY OPTIONS
- Black Leather, Body Color Hardtop, Remote start, Keyless entry, Antispin Differential Rear
- MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- 17" 306 Mesh Method, 34 x 10.5 x 17 BFG KO2
- MODS - TIRE SIZE
- 34" Tires
- MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
- 3" Synergy springs lift, tie rod, drag link, track bar/sector shaft brace, rancho geometry correction bracket
- MODS - LIFT HEIGHT
- 3" Lift
- MODS - EXTERIOR
- Debadge. Black out Trail rated. Tint 15% added all around. CB antenna with Trump Flag. Smoked out rear lights and front wheel well lights.
- MODS - INTERIOR
- Quadtratec door sill guards. Quadratec rear cargo rubber mat. Center console organizer, front passenger grab bar phone and drink holder, XG Cargo Bags
- MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER
- Pedal Commander. Tazer JL mini
- HISTORY / EXPERIENCE / COMMENTS
JLU. Build date February 20, 2020.
My 2nd go round. First Wrangler was a new 2014 JKU Sport in Anvil blue. Too poor for mods back then. This time should turn out different. Miss the Anvil blue though.
With this 2020 JLU I had severe wandering and excessive wheel play. I tried everything (read $$$) bc it was exhausting to drive. Finally, the cast iron steering box TSB came out which helped tremendously. The vehicle still followed the road crown far to much and the minor steering adjustments were tiresome. I switched out 12.5 width BFG KO2s to "skinny" 10.5 width. Marked improvement!
UPDATE: More problems. Massive vibration while in 4wd..either 4A or 4H. Diagnosed by dealer with a bad transfer case...after 3000 miles and no off roading yet. Its been in Shop for a week. Sigh
UPDATE 2: Bought a new double cardan type drive shaft. Seems a little better. Still more vibration than I'd think is normal.
UPDATE 3: wrangler back in Shop (Again) after smelling massively of gasoline after driving. Diagnosed with a cracked fuel line and issues with vent. We'll see....My wife hates this thing. I doubt I'll have it much longer.