Aftermarket Installation (los Angeles)

brandonwahl

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Junker
I recently joined this forum after purchasing a used, stock 2018 JLU Sahara with 8k miles. As this vehicle is my daily driver, I'm looking to make the ride a little more comfortable. I was aware prior to purchase, and fully understand, that Wranglers do not drive like other SUVs, but I feel some aftermarket parts could improve the situation enough to make a noticeable difference. I have not experienced any death wobble, and the steering damper was replaced prior to my purchasing the vehicle.

I've been looking at the Street Smarts Yeti track bar and drag link, but I cannot find a shop that will install them for me. Each place tells me it's not worth voiding the warranty for the minimal comfort upgrade. Regrettably, I don't have the necessary tools to swap these items myself, and figured the cost of purchasing everything would probably better spent knowing someone with vehicle experience was performing the work.

Long introduction to my question, but does anyone have a Los Angeles auto shop recommendation that would install aftermarket parts on a vehicle still under warranty?
Sponsored

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
You must get the Synergy steering kit, track bar and sector shaft brace. I installed it last week and what an improvement... Synergy is out of San Luis Obispo and their sister company is https://www.polyperformance.com and they install.

Steering kit:
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-hd-steering-kit.html?category_id=498

Synergy Jeep JL/JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace:
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-...-and-sector-shaft-brace.html?category_id=4980

PM Dave I'm sure he could hook you up..
[email protected]
Synergy Manufacturing
Poly Performance

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I recently joined this forum after purchasing a used, stock 2018 JLU Sahara with 8k miles. As this vehicle is my daily driver, I'm looking to make the ride a little more comfortable. I was aware prior to purchase, and fully understand, that Wranglers do not drive like other SUVs, but I feel some aftermarket parts could improve the situation enough to make a noticeable difference. I have not experienced any death wobble, and the steering damper was replaced prior to my purchasing the vehicle.

I've been looking at the Street Smarts Yeti track bar and drag link, but I cannot find a shop that will install them for me. Each place tells me it's not worth voiding the warranty for the minimal comfort upgrade. Regrettably, I don't have the necessary tools to swap these items myself, and figured the cost of purchasing everything would probably better spent knowing someone with vehicle experience was performing the work.

Long introduction to my question, but does anyone have a Los Angeles auto shop recommendation that would install aftermarket parts on a vehicle still under warranty?
Just to have a better idea of what are some issues/concerns you have about the Jeep? A track bar is used to prevent any unwanted lateral movement by keeping the axel as close to centered as possible during articulation, do you currently have a lift? If not, you may want to look at other components. Again, some more info is needed.

OP
OP

brandonwahl

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Junker
Just to have a better idea of what are some issues/concerns you have about the Jeep? .
It feels as if the body of the vehicle floats around when driving over imperfect road conditions. The best way to describe it would be akin to laying on a waterbed, or sitting in an anchored boat that is being rocked by the current of the water. I do not have a lift, and it is a stock JLU Sahara. Again, I am not surprised by the quality of the ride, just want to see if I can improve it a bit. Thank you for asking a follow up question.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
It feels as if the body of the vehicle floats around when driving over imperfect road conditions. The best way to describe it would be akin to laying on a waterbed, or sitting in an anchored boat that is being rocked by the current of the water. I do not have a lift, and it is a stock JLU Sahara. Again, I am not surprised by the quality of the ride, just want to see if I can improve it a bit. Thank you for asking a follow up question.
I recommend getting the tires checked, it could be a tire balancing issue. If those are fine check out the shocks to make sure they are still good. Or I could be way off and it could something else it could even nothing at all.

I’ve been down to RockTech Off-road in La Habra they can help you out.

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
I have a 2019 Sahara JLU Stock height as well. I was experiencing the same exact concerns, floaty feeling, almost like driving a boat or like you said water bed feeling. I could have lived with it. I didn't have death wobble or anything. I also have a Jeep SRT as well and I knew the Sahara wasn't going to drive like that. I was just looking for something to make the driving experience better or more safe for my 16 year old daughter who drives it as well. I spent weeks looking at tires, balancing, adjusting PSI, then started with changing the steering stabilizer to Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Adjustable which improved things. Then added the Teraflex trackbar which made it better but still wasn't 100% satisfied. Talked to a few others on the board with same issue. Then tried the Synergy Tied rod, drag link and Fox steering stabilizer. Fresh alignment and big improvement. Then I was getting some slight rubbing with Teraflex track bar. I Talked to Dave at Synergy. He recommended the Synergy track bar and track bar sector shaft brace. Now it drives smoother than my SRT. Sold all the Teraflex parts and running all synergy and loving it.. I'm sure the steersmart stuff is great too but very happy with my setup now. Also running 33psi. I installed everything myself in 2-3 hours. Eddie's videos were super helpful. Check them out if you haven't seen them.

Sponsored