ORACLE Oculus Bi-LED Headlight Upgrade for the Jeep JL / JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fatstacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Sport Manual
Hi Nick, we apologize about the import fees, as we unfortunately cannot be responsible for the fees entering a different country. Since we last discussed your concern, we have set up a way to calculate shipping with duties and taxes included. Of course, the fees will be the same whether you pay them directly through us or to your government; but it will prevent any delays in orders moving forward. Thank you for your feedback, and we will be happy to assist you further.
I paid a significant fee to UPS that was avoidable.
That aside, I stand by my earlier statement that Canadians might want to consider other options before purchasing these, as both the total cost and the flickering issues might be serious detractors. Between the high shipping cost, the extra UPS fees, the delays involved and the general headaches involved this was one of my worst online purchasing experiences to date.
The light output is tremendous though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
That aside, I stand by my earlier statement that Canadians might want to consider other options before purchasing these, as both the total cost and the flickering issues might be serious detractors. Between the high shipping cost, the extra UPS fees, the delays involved and the general headaches involved this was one of my worst online purchasing experiences to date.
We are sorry that you had a poor experience, and we are offering other shipping options from UPS and USPS in the future for Canadian customers to hopefully get better choices with the fees placed on the shipment by the government and carrier. We do typically ship standard with no issue. Of course, we understand wanting to avoid extra costs so we'll give all the options beforehand if customers would like to research the fees. Additionally, we have dealers in Canada that customers can order through directly to hopefully avoid extra fees; their information can be found on our dealer locator.

As far as the flickering, the Oculus are designed to be compliant with the USA D.O.T. so the difference in DRL regulation is unfortunate but like you said, fixed by a fairly simple tweak. We are glad that you are enjoying the lights otherwise.

Thanks again for sharing your comments with other Canadian customers, and we will work to provide better service for them.

Should anyone have other questions regarding Canadian shipping or other questions, please feel free to PM our forum team or contact our inside sales manager at [email protected]; she will be happy to assist.

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you live in the Greater Toronto Area I saw Just Jeeps has these available on their website. Thank you for posting about the other issues. I didnā€™t know Canada has a different policy than the USA in regards to DRL.

Last edited:

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I bought a set of the oracle oculus lights, and will chime in with a couple comments:

The light output is phenomenal, a huge upgrade over the stock halogens.

Install was easy, and personally I felt the wire lengths were great, rather have a little extra (that can easily be zip tied into place, or offer slightly different routing options) then be stretched tight and risk pulling on the connections.

The two downsides I found were both related to being up in Canada:

The shipping costs were high, the ā€œimport feeā€ that UPS charged me was $80 which is over and above the already high taxes and duty paid to the government. All in all the price came out to about $1000, which is a hell of a lot of money for a set of headlights!

Also, theyā€™re advertised as ā€œplug and playā€ but since we have DRL laws up here that have the main beams on at a reduced output all the time, the headlights flicker badly when turned off. This can be averted by turning the headlights on every time you drive (remember to shut em off though!) or by dealer flash or Tazer to change the DRL mode. Not a huge deal, but also not really plug and play.
If I keep the headlight option on ā€œAutoā€ would I still have the flickering issue?

Mr.Fatstacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Sport Manual
If I keep the headlight option on ā€œAutoā€ would I still have the flickering issue?
Yes, unless you got a dealer flash or tazer. The flickering is only when the lights are technically ā€œoffā€ and the park brake is released (manual trans) or taken out of park (auto box), which activates main beam DRL at reduced power. If you left the switch in auto, it still turns the lights to the ā€œoffā€
setting when the sensor detects daylight. You would have to manually turn the lights on/off every time you got in and out of the Jeep to stop the flickering.

Sponsored

Crisis64

First Name
Lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
I am very interested in purchasing these lights for my 2019 JL Sport S, but I live in Canada, & with the duties & exchange rates it makes this light un appealing.
Also see alot of people complaining about flickering, has this issue been resolved or still an issue?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I am very interested in purchasing these lights for my 2019 JL Sport S, but I live in Canada, & with the duties & exchange rates it makes this light un appealing.
Also see alot of people complaining about flickering, has this issue been resolved or still an issue?
The flickering described above is going to happen with any Canadian Jeep having LED lights. If you purchased the MOPAR style headlights, the same concern would occur. It is because of the 6V DRL that is required by law for Canada.

You have two options really. You could get the TAZER part described to disable this feature, or you could go to the dealership (usually best if you know someone, so its FREE) and they can disable the DRL feature for you. This is really simple and usually the fastest way in my opinion and doesn't need extra parts. You have the halo as a DRL now and the DRL in the front of the vehicle, so you will still have the DRL required by law.

Regarding the fees for Canada. We can quote you now various UPS or USPS rates that include duties and taxes. Feel free to DM me your address and I can do that for you. Our team is also working toward adding more Dealers in Canada to service your area in hopes of preventing those import fees!

Please let me know if you have any further questions and our team is happy to assist you!

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Can anyone, including @ORACLElights tell me if there is supposed to be an audible ā€œsoundā€ while the Jeep is in run after install? I just want to make sure Iā€™m not doing anything wrong lol

I grounded the wire to the terminal and installed into fuse box F52 as instructed. But any risk? How would I know if I did anything wrong?

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Can anyone, including @ORACLElights tell me if there is supposed to be an audible ā€œsoundā€ while the Jeep is in run after install? I just want to make sure Iā€™m not doing anything wrong lol

I grounded the wire to the terminal and installed into fuse box F52 as instructed. But any risk? How would I know if I did anything wrong?
There are cooling fans inside the headlight, if that is what you are hearing.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
There are cooling fans inside the headlight, if that is what you are hearing.
I should clarify it sounds more like itā€™s coming from the ground terminal. I hear the headlight fans and that seems normal. But I hear some very light buzzing near the ā€œgroundā€œ and then it also sounds almost like there is an electrical current toward the bottom of the car near the fenders/tire. Perhaps the ground doing its job?

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I should clarify it sounds more like itā€™s coming from the ground terminal. I hear the headlight fans and that seems normal. But I hear some very light buzzing near the ā€œgroundā€œ and then it also sounds almost like there is an electrical current toward the bottom of the car near the fenders/tire. Perhaps the ground doing its job?
That doesn't sound normal or good.

Mr.Fatstacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Sport Manual
Iā€™m not at home right now or Iā€™d go check, but I donā€™t recall hearing anything like that after installing mine. Iā€™ll definitely go out and listen when I get back to my Jeep in a few days and get back to you if you havenā€™t sorted it out by then.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Iā€™m not at home right now or Iā€™d go check, but I donā€™t recall hearing anything like that after installing mine. Iā€™ll definitely go out and listen when I get back to my Jeep in a few days and get back to you if you havenā€™t sorted it out by then.
well, Iā€™m finishing up install with my BIL who has taken apart and put back together his old Jeep many times over. He listened to what I was hearing and thought it sounded pretty normal.

I do also have turbo and wonder if that impacts my hearing it vs you not hearing it.

Last edited:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
well, Iā€™m finishing up install with my BIL who has taken apart and put back together his old Jeep many times over. He listened to what I was hearing and thought it sounded pretty normal.

I do also have turbo and wonder if that impacts my hearing it vs you not hearing it.
Hey! The sound you are hearing is MOST LIKELY the sound of the internal components of the light, the fan. Our tech said this is completely normal and most likely not the actual ground.

If you wish to test if it is the Turbo or not, the tech said you could run the lights with the car off. You could then see exactly what you are hearing.

We are here to help! So please feel free to call me or our tech Scott, he said he is happy to help! #504-322-4094

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Hey! The sound you are hearing is MOST LIKELY the sound of the internal components of the light, the fan. Our tech said this is completely normal and most likely not the actual ground.

If you wish to test if it is the Turbo or not, the tech said you could run the lights with the car off. You could then see exactly what you are hearing.

We are here to help! So please feel free to call me or our tech Scott, he said he is happy to help! #504-322-4094
Thanks! I even unplugged everything and kept the lights off while running the car, I still heard it. Fairly confident it's innocuous and he seemed pretty convinced it had something to do with the turbo. I've not dealt with any issues thus far so I'm going to assume it's fine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.