ARB refrigerator installs

Sagamisan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Does anyone have a ARB refrigerator? (I'm sure) What size? How did you wire it? Do you have any pics? How did it fit in your JLU?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We installed one in a customers Jeep. Used the AAL mass platform and fridge slide. I usually run fused dedicated 8ga wire from the battery to the a plug for the fridge. I like the arb ones but what we run in our shop Jeep is a snomaster. To me it’s the best bang for the buck.

Brett

BBE5A546-34C2-4408-BC8F-FDB1807693D7.jpeg

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is running off a rear Odyssey battery that's charged via a Redarc BCDC charger.

20191215_152637.jpg
Nice install. Do you have details on how you wired and mounted the REDARC? Did you fabricate the storage in the rear your self?

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Nice install. Do you have details on how you wired and mounted the REDARC? Did you fabricate the storage in the rear your self?
American Adventure Labs offers a drop-in insert that fits the ARB twin compressor and the battery (or an air tank). I had to move the compressor and battery over to fit the Redarc.

I have a 4awg cable coming from the front battery going to a 40 amp circuit breaker. The ARB compressor connects to the input of the CB and uses its own fuse holders. The CB is for the Redarc unit that charges the battery. Off the battery, I have a fuse block for the ARB fridge and a bunch of other rear lighting I use in camp.

One of the biggest advantages of using the Redarc charger, is that it can be set to charge at 15v, which is what is recommended for Odyssey batteries (the Genesis dual battery system doesn't properly charge the batteries, and they even recommend using a charger to charge them). And my stock electrical system remains intact.

The deck I fabricated. Here's a rough version.

20190919_161434.jpg

20191016_175332.jpg

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
American Adventure Labs offers a drop-in insert that fits the ARB twin compressor and the battery (or an air tank). I had to move the compressor and battery over to fit the Redarc.

I have a 4awg cable coming from the front battery going to a 40 amp circuit breaker. The ARB compressor connects to the input of the CB and uses its own fuse holders. The CB is for the Redarc unit that charges the battery. Off the battery, I have a fuse block for the ARB fridge and a bunch of other rear lighting I use in camp.

One of the biggest advantages of using the Redarc charger, is that it can be set to charge at 15v, which is what is recommended for Odyssey batteries (the Genesis dual battery system doesn't properly charge the batteries, and they even recommend using a charger to charge them). And my stock electrical system remains intact.
]
Thanks for posting your reply. I’m looking forward to installing the REDARC.

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
We installed one in a customers Jeep. Used the AAL mass platform and fridge slide. I usually run fused dedicated 8ga wire from the battery to the a plug for the fridge. I like the arb ones but what we run in our shop Jeep is a snomaster. To me it’s the best bang for the buck.

Brett

BBE5A546-34C2-4408-BC8F-FDB1807693D7.jpeg

Their system looks nice, love the red color. WHAT stops the fridge from bouncing up and down. I am not seeing how you secured it to the slider. Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT I got my answer the slider is bolted to the bottom of the fridge.

Last edited:

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Mine is running off a rear Odyssey battery that's charged via a Redarc BCDC charger.

20191215_152621.jpg

20191025_192223.jpg

20191215_152637.jpg
That is a really really nice setup. I have been thinking about something similar. Few questions if you don't mind.
What size is the hatch?
I am concerned with heat buildup with the ARB compressor under there. Any issues?
Where did you run the inlet and outlet for the compressor?

Thanks.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
That is a really really nice setup. I have been thinking about something similar. Few questions if you don't mind.
What size is the hatch?
I am concerned with heat buildup with the ARB compressor under there. Any issues?
Where did you run the inlet and outlet for the compressor?

Thanks.
No problem with the compressor yet. I'll often open the hatch when I'm running it, but I don't always have that luxury. Around Christmas/New Years, we were on a 16 day, 2700 mile road trip with lots of wheeling, and I had to essentially air up almost every night. I've also been out wheeling where after I finished airing up my tires (37s from 8 to 32 psi), it was used to air up two other Jeeps. Sure, more ventilation would have been better, but it's not as bad as being in a hot engine compartment. Even without the hatch open, enough air manages to get in there through a lot of cracks and crevices.

I'm very impressed with how fast this compressor fills those tires. I originally made a 4-tire inflation system, but that was more of a PITA dealing with those hoses than it was worth. It didn't make life any easier at all. In fact, just the opposite, dealing with the hoses.

My current line routing is a bit complicated. First, from experience, I've learned you can't use regular hose for the first foot or two off one of these compressors. The hot, compressed air will melt it. So I used stainless braided AN-6 line off the compressor to a Tee bulkhead fitting at the front of the storage area and exiting that area. One leg will go to a small ARB air tank (I haven't installed this yet), and the other leg wraps around to the right and enters the stock jack area using another bulkhead fitting (kind of above the muffler output).

The hatch is the DPI Marine DPF1115BLK DPF Flush Series Door
I bought it off of Amazon, but it shows currently unavailable.

2019-10-18_14-47-11.jpg

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What The Heck??? you guys work at a Hospital or something? Those are way too high speed for me. Looks like they are made to transport Live Organs. They do look good.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
What storage rack is that? And can you still slide the fridge out when the table is down?

Also...which slide is that? haha sorry so many questions.
I run the cheap Hooke rack off ebay. It is pretty good but I had to modify it to clear the fridge. I think I am going to change it out for a shelf that mounts to the rollcage but overall I have been happy with it and for the price I think it is nice.
Yes, I can slide the fridge out with the table down but you have to stand in front of the them not between.
Originally i purchased an ARB slide but it added too much height so I went with a DFG Offroad slider. It only added about 1" less. It's not as robust as the ARB, and will not lock in the out position but i have been very happy with it.

Any other questions just let me know.