Complementary oil change from dealer

Michael A

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x3, 2019 Sahara
I just purchased my Sahara, and when I asked the sales person about the Complementary four oil changes Jeep provides, he said this is not through Jeep but through 'Wave'. Is this true? If so, how do I sign up for it?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Kind of, yeah.

It's through the Jeep Wave program. If you purchased you Jeep new, you get it with the purchase. It's worth noting that the free offer is for the Wrangle, not G.C., Renegade, etc. The others can buy it, but the JL came with it.
IIRC it's 3 free oil changes, free tire rotations, discount on merchandise, and some other stuff.

Here's a link → https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's automatic with a Wrangler, Gladiator, or Trailhawk. You don't have to sign up for anything, just show up when it's time and get your oil changes and tire rotations.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Word of advice, only take your Jeep to the dealer if you have no choice, it is a nightmare. Dont use the free oil changes, theyll mess up your engine by filling it up more than they need to. Theyre all over the place.

OP
OP
Michael A

Michael A

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x3, 2019 Sahara
Enrique;
I was thinking along those terms. I will be changing to Synthetic after 1000 miles mark.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Word of advice, only take your Jeep to the dealer if you have no choice, it is a nightmare. Dont use the free oil changes, theyll mess up your engine by filling it up more than they need to. Theyre all over the place.
I did one oil change at the dealer. Got 6 qts of I don't know what kind of oil, even though I asked for full synthetic. I run a catch can and was surprised to find it full after about 2500 miles. After doing my own oil change with Amsoil, I find the catch can about 1/3 full after the same amount of miles. So whatever oil the dealer used probably had a low viscosity index.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Same here, Michael. Having good synthetic oil is more important to me than getting free oil

Hunter

I wouldn't be surprised if the stingy dealer didn't replace the oil filter , I do not have any faith in them