Sponsored

2 door soft top blocks view when down

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just get larger tires and the whole looking out the window thing goes away.

In all seriousness I use my screen as my rear view via the tazer.
Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Did it! It still doesn’t push down after engaging the locking mechanisms on the sides. It bounces right back up every time so I still may take it in to have it looked at while it’s under warranty. But I stood on my back bumper and pushed down on it while wrapping the Velcro around it and I got it to work! Thanks everyone! It looks nicely seated now like everyone else’s :LOL:

D2625A65-9E38-45AC-9365-95568A338ACA.jpeg

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
@Jennalee

Wait... you’re saying if you push hard enough it actually locks in the down position so that it no longer has room for movement up and down? Do you do that while they’re locked or unlocked? I use straps like yours to compress mine but there’s still lots of play even when locked. This is a potential game changer.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jennalee

Wait... you’re saying if you push hard enough it actually locks in the down position so that it no longer has room for movement up and down? Do you do that while they’re locked or unlocked? I use straps like yours to compress mine but there’s still lots of play even when locked. This is a potential game changer.
No mine does not lock down, it has a lot of play like yours. It bounces right back up when I lock the sides and when I try to push down on it. It blocked my rear view and I couldn’t see over my shoulder to change lanes. Now that I got the straps to fit it has made such a huge difference. I have to wrap the Velcro straps around the tailgate bar to hold it down otherwise it would sit too high I think.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
He’s got the premium top too. I do lock the side parts but mine never pushes down like in the video. His looks like it’s sitting down pretty tight. I can hear mine bouncing up and down as I’m driving. Well, guess I better make a third trip to the dealer :crying:
set the click to the lock position before you put the top all the way down, the you should hear the click, make sure to push the top down. after you do, lightly try to raise the top, if it raises all the way up without resistance then your locks are broken, if not, then it is fine, but it should still raise about 1/4 of the way.

I remember when I had a softop it still went up and made noise when I went over bumps. The locks keep the top from going all thr way up, but there is still some wiggle for it to move up, about 5 inches which is quite a bit. The only way to keep it down there static is by using straps.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
set the click to the lock position before you put the top all the way down, the you should hear the click, make sure to push the top down. after you do, lightly try to raise the top, if it raises all the way up without resistance then your locks are broken, if not, then it is fine, but it should still raise about 1/4 of the way.

I remember when I had a softop it still went up and made noise when I went over bumps. The locks keep the top from going all thr way up, but there is still some wiggle for it to move up, about 5 inches which is quite a bit. The only way to keep it down there static is by using straps.
It actually does lock the top so the locks do work, I can’t lift the top all the way while it’s locked. But it still sits so high according to all YouTube videos I’ve seen. Now that I can strap it down I won’t worry about it. I’ll probably take it into the dealer and see if they can get it to push down further without me having to strap it down like in the video above.
Sponsored