Sponsored

Interesting check engine light this week.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So last friday my check engine light comes on. Bad timing because my gf's car was wacked and we just dropped it off at the body shop. I dropped my Rubi at the dealer on Monday night. Tuesday afternoon they call. Recall (steering damper) is done but check engine off now. What?? Oh well. Sucks because leaving for Adirondaks today and didn't want a problem 300 miles from home. well they are backing it out of the service bay and the light comes on! The reason... Software update thru satellite failed and threw a code. That all it was! Weird that the code reader did not see that without that light being on. Anyway, I am glad it is a simple thing.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So last friday my check engine light comes on. Bad timing because my gf's car was wacked and we just dropped it off at the body shop. I dropped my Rubi at the dealer on Monday night. Tuesday afternoon they call. Recall (steering damper) is done but check engine off now. What?? Oh well. Sucks because leaving for Adirondaks today and didn't want a problem 300 miles from home. well they are backing it out of the service bay and the light comes on! The reason... Software update thru satellite failed and threw a code. That all it was! Weird that the code reader did not see that without that light being on. Anyway, I am glad it is a simple thing.
Glad to hear it was something simple. Now you can enjoy the Adirondacks without it playing mind games with you.

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I would prefer my check engine lite to not be used for something like this. Its not dangerous or disabling. Only makes you nervous to drive it.
Sponsored