Backup Lights

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Im down for these as long as they use bright AF leds... I would even use the aux switch if needed. If they just use cheap low quality bulk leds that hardly produce light this is a wasted effort IMO.

What i would ideally like to see is a clever creative discrete way to mount some Baja Designs Squadron Pros on the back of the jeep without a roof rack or replacing the factory steel bumper. That doesnt interfere with tailgate function, rear window or ground clearance. I think that would be a great idea.
Completely agree. If they drop these with cheap LED’s they wasted everyone’s time. All I really want is someone with the ability to 3D print a abs replacement for the reflector. There are plenty of rock lights out there I can mount to that plug that will do everything I want. I’d pay $40 for two small pieces of plastic if someone wants to take that on. And I’m really not all that excited about the clear lens JDM look of these to begin with.
Sponsored

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What lights mount to a plug? Link?

Would they stick out and look goofy?

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I think I found what I was looking for. - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rigid-ignite-backup-lights.30103/

Might try to use the mount for bigger lights but those look way better than what this little china reflector will likely do if you are looking for off road bright type use that does not change factory.
Problem with these are they are too bright I think. Every time I see a picture from the screen inside the bright white (1000 lumens) blooms and blinds the camera. 400-500 lumens would be a sweet spot and give all the light needed without it looking like a off-road only backup light blinding anyone behind you.

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I want to blind people behind me... I wouldnt use these for backing up unless it was a dark alley otherwise what is stock is fine. I just wanted discrete mounting location for bright AF lights.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s my backup lights on my JLUS.

0E052B02-5BE5-4A78-AC24-A7D25A3022F2.jpeg

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU MOAB, '13 Nissan 370Z Roadster
It looks great. How do you like it? One of my concern is that it sticks out too far past the bumper that my wife would walk into it. What do you think? Is the light bright enough? Thx.

Sponsored

Fishy00

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Black
It looks great. How do you like it? One of my concern is that it sticks out too far past the bumper that my wife would walk into it. What do you think? Is the light bright enough? Thx.
It is tucked away nicely. your spare sticks out further tbh. it is bright and I'm super happy with it.