Sponsored

3.0 MODS - Show em off

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I did a ceramic coating my my Mercedes C450 AMG...it looks awesome and last about 84 months...I will be getting the Jeep done as soon as I get it.
At a minimum, get your hinges and fenders ppf’d (unless you plan on replacing them). They are rock magnets of the first order and will get completely trashed whether you plan significant trail time or not.
Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
At a minimum, get your hinges and fenders ppf’d (unless you plan on replacing them). They are rock magnets of the first order and will get completely trashed whether you plan significant trail time or not.
Good idea. I have a local shop that does that and they will be doing that and tinting.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Other than badging why would it need its own mod thread. Is a diesel different from the other two. I don’t get it.
1- Air intake on driver's side = snorkel / cold air intake / performance air filter
2- Heavier = suspension
3- Different engine = tunners
4- Smaller gas tank + DEF tank = skid plates
5- Front D44 on non-Rubicon models = lockers / LSDs
6- Different exhaust

Am I missing something?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
1- Air intake on driver's side = snorkel / cold air intake / performance air filter
2- Heavier = suspension
3- Different engine = tunners
4- Smaller gas tank + DEF tank = skid plates
5- Front D44 on non-Rubicon models = lockers / LSDs
6- Different exhaust

Am I missing something?
Got it. I was just looking at stickers, tire delete etc that could be done on any Jeep so wandering why a special thread was needed. Makes sense on those other things.

Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Got it. I was just looking at stickers, tire delete etc that could be done on any Jeep so wandering why a special thread was needed. Makes sense on those other things.
:like:
I missed different battery placement = dual battery kits

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did a ceramic coating my my Mercedes C450 AMG...it looks awesome and last about 84 months...I will be getting the Jeep done as soon as I get it.
I agree, I also agree with @JLURD said that a ppf would be ultimate protection and as much as I say I’m keeping this Jeep for life who knows. I don’t have much fear of but yes this is a First year run at the eco if issues do arise for me I would probably trade in for another I just don’t see my money being well spent on ppf. It’s not like that money isn’t going to be spent elsewhere just more money for mods

OP
OP
JLDIESEL

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Other than badging why would it need its own mod thread. Is a diesel different from the other two. I don’t get it.
This is why. Everything in the diesel in the front is moved around. The washer reservoir is in the way of my aftermarket inner fenders.

A8507A00-87AD-44D8-9038-E091DB347F73.jpeg

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is why. Everything in the diesel in the front is moved around. The washer reservoir is in the way of my aftermarket inner fenders.

A8507A00-87AD-44D8-9038-E091DB347F73.jpeg
Is that going to interfere with 37”+ articulation compared to the 3.6/2.0 wells? Also, looks like you’re putting on the American Adventure lab LED setup?

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have a good reason why every single terminal wiring connection on Jeeps has protective tape ending at bare wire before the plug into the component it supplies? I can’t for the life of me understand why they’d leave the most vulnerable piece of wire exposed.