First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
Hello to my fellow North Carolinians! I’m Bob and originally from Lexington, but now residing in Albemarle. I bought my first Jeep back in October, after wanting one for nearly 40 years. I am loving the Jeep life, but my wallet isn’t!
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hello to my fellow North Carolinians! I’m Bob and originally from Lexington, but now residing in Albemarle. I bought my first Jeep back in October, after wanting one for nearly 40 years. I am loving the Jeep life, but my wallet isn’t!
LOL. Welcome to poorville Bob :)

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Welcome! I'm originally from Albemarle, my parents still live there. I'm in Raleigh now. Let's wheel uwharrrie sometime.

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
The wife and I have a kid-free Saturday lined up (wahoo) and we thought there'd be no better way to spend it than to wheel our new (stock) JLUR in Uwharrie. This forum (and this thread in particular) has some great info about Uwharrie, but I still need to do a bit more research.

Looking for some quick tips for a Uwharrie first timer. We likely will only have 2-3 hours to spend actually wheeling. Would love some suggestions on what to do and what to avoid.

Thanks!

Sponsored

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
Oh snap. That's part of the "research" I need to be doing :) Thanks!
From the Uwharrie site:

"... open from April 1st to December 15th. It is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, rain or shine annually. This trail is closed in the winter annually"

Guess with the planned 70+ degree weather for Saturday I forgot we were in "winter". Countdown to April 1st!

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's a bummer for sure. Not sure where you live, but I think some of the beach access places are open year round. Freeman park maybe?

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Yeah, it's a bummer for sure. Not sure where you live, but I think some of the beach access places are open year round. Freeman park maybe?
Fort Fisher is open all year, but it closes at night in the summer during sea turtle nesting season.

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
There’s not much left of Freeman Park anymore. The last 2/3 of it going up to the north end is now closed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Good to know. This will be the first lift I do as well. Looking forward to busting some knuckles and my 17 year old son wants to be hands on as well. Just need to piece together a weekend at some point.
I don't have enough time to install the lift yet but today I tackled expanding the track bar hole in order for the Metal Cloak track bar to seat low enough to get the bolt through the hole. I gotta say it's was simple and quick using my 17 gallon compressor with die grinder and these inexpensive Aliexpress burrs. They removed the metal very quickly. The worst part was the amount of metal slivers covering me. I still feel like I have some embedded in my skin! At least that's one piece of the install that is out of the way and I'll hopefully have a free weekend to get the lift on some time in March or April.

ekone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, bone Stock sport
Anyone in the NC area happen to have a stock front bumper after upgrading?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a new Roam bumper and once I get that, I’ll have a newer plastic bumper up for grabs. It could be a bit for my new one to come in though.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in the NC area happen to have a stock front bumper after upgrading?
I've got a plastic one from a '19 Rubi in Charlotte
Sponsored