Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
My only problem with this on a smooth painted surface. Would be if dirt and rocks would get underneath and mess up the paint.
No worries there! The panel has a strip of tape all the way around the edge and weather stripping around the hood bump cutouts. So it is essentially sealed. On top of this we are also supplying a clear vehicle vinyl which goes under the panel which acts as a barrier between the vehicle paint and panel. :like:
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
The logo is actually pretty discrete in person. If you wanted to cover it up you could always sharpie or tape over it. :)
If the logo were just a different shade of black it would be subtle and I think people wouldn't mind. The white is just too much IMHO.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
No worries there! The panel has a strip of tape all the way around the edge and weather stripping around the hood bump cutouts. So it is essentially sealed. On top of this we are also supplying a clear vehicle vinyl which goes under the panel which acts as a barrier between the vehicle paint and panel. :like:
Ok the clear vinyl would be a most for me and great idea.

Sponsored

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, the Rubicon will be less due to the limited space on the hoot. Somewhere around 40-50 watts most likely. We will maximize the design as much as possible!
A 40-50% loss for the hood vents seems like a big dip. Any idea when then Rubicon model will be available? I have not looked into solar before, are there any complications with the 2.0T w/ BSG system?

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
A 40-50% loss for the hood vents seems like a big dip. Any idea when then Rubicon model will be available? I have not looked into solar before, are there any complications with the 2.0T w/ BSG system?

If this could somehow be tied to the BSG in a regenerative manner that could be a game changer! The damn thing doesn’t have an alternator so charging it in this way would be ideal! I would have concerns about over charging but I’m not an engineer so I would leave that to the experts

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
Unfortunately the space on the hood is severely limited on the Rubicon compared to the standard hood. Rest assured that we will maximize the wattage as much as possible. We hope to have a Rubicon model ready by summer.

There should not be any complications with the BSG system as this will just connect to the vehicle battery just the same as any other model.

OldGreen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps. All Jeeps. LJ, XJ, CJ, WK2
40 or 50 watts is completely fine. Bring on the Rubicon version!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Love the design of this product. I wish i had a reason to get it. Can’t wait to hear some real-world experiences.

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Definitely interested in this product. Great job!

Will the Rubicon version have a separate pre-order page with a similar discount, or are you taking orders through the same link?

OP
OP
Cascadia4x4

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota
Definitely interested in this product. Great job!

Will the Rubicon version have a separate pre-order page with a similar discount, or are you taking orders through the same link?
The Rubicon model will have a separate page when/if we are able to make a panel work given the limited space on the Rubicon hoods.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts of a hardtop variant ?

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For those mentioning roof options, take a look at their Tacoma offering. It seems like that could be mounted on the rear hard top section. Wires would need to be extended, but it may work.

What a cool product, great idea!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.