Sponsored

JL Retractable Sunshade

If it were available now, would you order a JL Retractable Sunshade?

• Total voters

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
How about offer them as a special order. The lead time is longer and the cost may be a little more but would be a nice option.

Thoughts?
@BestopTeam
Cassie - any interest in doing it this way to get the ball rolling. I am sure there are those of us who would wait and pay a little more for it to be a special order exclusive. Just sayin’... :rock:
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I would love this. I have an alien sunshade and really like it. But sometimes I wish my jeep could just be butt naked instead of wearing lace.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I tried to get the measurements on the JK version of the retractable from Cassie / Bestop for months, to see if the mounting points would line up with the JL or whether I might be able to modify it to fit. Finally gave up after repeated requests. Very frustrating.

If anyone has a JK version and could provide those measurements here (distance between the mounting holes and the distance between the hooks on the front of the screen), that would be great.
Bringing this forward, Spring will be here soon, anyone have a JK for measurements ?
I'm thinking it would not be a big deal to modify, but would like some input first.
Thanks !

03A59CF2-C798-4652-A588-A6F7512B0F79.jpeg

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Resurrection but just installed a Sunrider. Testing it as 10m after install we have a Texas storm rolling in.

would be great to have a sunshade that was retractable and worked with the Sunrider.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I'm not holding my breath.

If I find one from a JK cheap enough, I'm going to buy it and adapt it. I'll be sure to post what needed changed so you all can make your own too.
Hi, I already tried that about a year ago. The JK is not even in the same ball park for fitment. Way to wide and different shape were it connects to the front edge of the sunrider. It seems my JK is a deeper (front to back) opening with a much different shape.

It would be a lot of work to make it happen, if at all.

Just trying to help!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Will be a bit out of thread, but do you guys have annoying cracking noise from the Bestop Sunrider?
Mainly from center and driver side. Sometimes so annoying i i wond if i remove it!
Mine did when it got really cold out. I sprayed some silicone lubricant (covered the top of the seats first) and that mitigated most of the creaking but not all. It's now warm and I have no more creaking and groaning (except for my wife's back).

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hi, I already tried that about a year ago. The JK is not even in the same ball park for fitment. Way to wide and different shape were it connects to the front edge of the sunrider. It seems my JK is a deeper (front to back) opening with a much different shape.

It would be a lot of work to make it happen, if at all.

Just trying to help!
Thanks for the info. I'm able to make adjustments to the brackets, but things like the shade width/shape are my main concerns. That's good information to have. Thanks for the help.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Hey all,

I continually mention this to our aftermarket team for you so it does not fall off the radar, however there is still no ETA on it. Sorry :(

CassieAtBestop
Safe to assume this won’t happen?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Oh yeah.
IIRC Bestop even said the idea was scrapped.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The fact that Bestop is owned by a private equity firm, and outsources manufacturing to Mexico, and China, might be a clue as to their lack of innovation and declining quality standards. Big is NOT necessarily " better".

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The fact that Bestop is owned by a private equity firm, and outsources manufacturing to Mexico, and China, might be a clue as to their lack of innovation and declining quality standards. Big is NOT necessarily " better".
I think I've probably stated this before on one of these threads that I have a Bestop shade on my JK (I have 2-JL's and 1-JK) and it's not as wonderful as you might think. It rattles at higher speeds, kind of floats from side to side, and is showing some wear around the edges. Convenient yes, but the quality is nowhere close to the alien sunshade I'm forced to use on my JL's.

Just my ownership experience $.02.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks for sharing. That's the first I've seen it. :like:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on a retractable sunshade, @Bestop ?
Sponsored