Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I got ripped. Paid MSRP for a 2018 base sport with AC and LSD when they just came out. A year later it got totalled, I negotiated MSRP back with the insurance company and bought a 2019 sport +S MSRP 38,400 for 31,100.

Got my money and a good deal! I got unripped.
Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I paid around 90k, to get a divorce from my ex-wife. But, i don't feel too bad, she spent over 400k. Plus, I've been happily remarried, over 16 years, and she is still miserably single.
Top that guys.
OK I paid $360 for my divorce. Filed the paperwork and we had no lawyers but ended up loosing 25% of my military retirement to her because of the "Former Spouses Protection Act" I have been retired for 15 years now and divorced from her for 25 years. So far she has received over $150,000 of my military retire pay and she continues to draw it for life. Oh! but i did loose 300 lbs. the day I divorced her.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
In my opinion if a purchase makes you happy it's hard to say you paid too much or got ripped off. There is more to life than money and many times a better price includes unrealized benefits(not always). I personally would never pay above MSRP out of principle but it's a shame a dealer lied about a paint color like another posted. I have no problem with dealers that will only sell at MSRP it's their business but demanding more than MSRP is wrong.

I only felt ripped off once in my life time. It's embarrassing to acknowledge and reminds me that dealers overall aren't too bad. When I was 17 I was looking at my first car to buy. I decided against my better judgement to look at a Ford Escape rather than an older Grand Cherokee I already knew I liked. Price was around KBB value at the time. Took a look at it, liked it and bought it after a quick walk through. When we got home we realized 3 of the 4 tires on were completely different from each other and there was an antifreeze leak on top of another minor issue. The guy was a scumbag and lied blatantly but ultimately I got screwed because I didn't do my due diligence it was my own fault. Lesson learned. Nothing like that will ever happen again.
I like your philosophy. Also, your second paragraph points out a truth of life. There are scumbag ripoff liars mixed in with good people, so as the saying goes, 'trust but verify.' The young or naïve can either listen to words, or learn by experience.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Real Jeep men wear Duluth Trading Company buck naked underwear. They quick dry so when you piss yourself while almost flipping over your jeep or just barely getting out of that mud hole you will still be comfy. Those other brands of undie are for Subaru drivers.
lmao. i'll have to remember that the next time some subaru guy tells me that his subaru can go farther up the fire road than my jeep. but then again i just might just walk away.

Sponsored

Shantz

First Name
Shantz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Occupation
Producer
2018 JLU Sport S... 10,000 miles on her when I bought it back in January 2019. 3.6l, manual, tow package, 7in uconnect, M220 rear. Feels like I stole it at 32k.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This ain't a Jeep thing, but I got ripped using a detail shop to do some paint correction on my Challenger. I paid $1,200 for a "stage 2" detail, only to have the shop not only do a lousy job on the areas they did do work on, but miss a lot of others like the bottom grille, some of the trim, the paint beneath the door handles, the lights, and so on. They also managed to add scratches to my rear lights and somehow damage the bee stripe decals on the rear which I made them replace. The detail included ceramic coating which somehow barely lasted six months.

I got online and bought a cheap-and-Chinesey dual action polisher, some pads, and some liquids and without any prior experience, did a phenomenally better job detailing the car in a single day, getting areas they missed, and eliminating tons of scratches and other damage they claimed they couldn't do when they had it for an entire week.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Detailing ain't rocket science, I know - I did it for years! Good for you and taking on the job and getting the results you wanted. The only advice I'd give is to NOT get caught up into the detailing world, there's a lot of reasons why I say that - mostly because their "forums" are full of shills that just want you to buy the latest or what's been sitting the longest on the store shelves. Feel free to PM me, I'm always happy to give whatever advice I can to help.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
This ain't a Jeep thing, but I got ripped using a detail shop to do some paint correction on my Challenger. I paid $1,200 for a "stage 2" detail, only to have the shop not only do a lousy job on the areas they did do work on, but miss a lot of others like the bottom grille, some of the trim, the paint beneath the door handles, the lights, and so on. They also managed to add scratches to my rear lights and somehow damage the bee stripe decals on the rear which I made them replace. The detail included ceramic coating which somehow barely lasted six months.

I got online and bought a cheap-and-Chinesey dual action polisher, some pads, and some liquids and without any prior experience, did a phenomenally better job detailing the car in a single day, getting areas they missed, and eliminating tons of scratches and other damage they claimed they couldn't do when they had it for an entire week.
Honestly most "detailers" and even car washes out there are complete junk.

Sponsored

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
2019 JLU Sport S, hard top, 2.0, running boards, and tow package $38k canadian, taxes in

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Detailing ain't rocket science, I know - I did it for years! Good for you and taking on the job and getting the results you wanted. The only advice I'd give is to NOT get caught up into the detailing world, there's a lot of reasons why I say that - mostly because their "forums" are full of shills that just want you to buy the latest or what's been sitting the longest on the store shelves. Feel free to PM me, I'm always happy to give whatever advice I can to help.
Truth right there. Some of the best snake oil salesman in the world are in this industry. No doubt. It is all about the labor hours not some special skill or magic chemical.

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Just bought a new 2-door 2019 JL Rubicon (with color coordinated top, 8.4 Premium radio with GPS & Alpine, 8 speed auto, 2L turbo) for $36,900 + tax (no license-I live in AZ and bought in CA). Base on what I saw of other less equipped and used with miles, it was a pretty good deal.

New to forum...if anyone has instructions on posting new and contacting admin, please PM me.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is a Sahara and my sticker was $50,800. What have you done to your Sahara/JLUS?
Everything is on my signature but quite a lot including 2.5" lift, 35s, driveshafts, tailgate reinforcer. I also have a front LOD bumper I haven't installed yet.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Wife convinced me to buy her friend's Geo Tracker for $2000. Got rid of it (junkyard) last month after several years of ownership. My wife still claims it was a "great deal", conveniently forgetting I must have spent nearly $2000 on various repairs for that vehicle.
Sponsored