Carolinaeagle8

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a 2018 Sport Unlimited. I took the 285/75R17 BFG KO2 A/T off my JK and put them on the new Jeep and they're rubbing a little more. My drivetrain warranty won't allow a lift or it'll void it. Looking at getting wheel spacers. Any recommendations, for or against it? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Do you have the eurofenders on still? If so remove them and see if there’s still rubbing.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I have used wheel spacers quite number of times and I'm all for them--IF/IF-

They must me the proper spacers for the vehicle and installation/torque's/checks must be FOLLOWED--HOWEVER !

Using the PROPER WHEEL/BS is safer/and more trouble free install/maintain, some AUTO REPAIRS won't fix flats with spacers installed !

I have SPACERS on my '16 RAM, but not on my '18 JEEP SAHARA-

On the SAHARA I have LT285/75Rx16 tires on my 16 x 8"/bs-4.75"BS wheels and have no trouble ANYWHERE !

SUNP0120_zps1hndcawo.jpg

Good luck

JIMBO

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Synergy 1-5/8" hubcentric spacers and have no issues with them. I wasn't rubbing but wanted the stock wheels/tires to sit a little more outboard than they did.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Your drivetrain warranty must be different than mine.

Rubicon take-off suspension. No more rub. Dealership warrantied mine.
it either you have a great dealership that knows jeep wrangler life style or the service dept. couldnt tell the difference between the 2 suspensions. if i did that up here, the dealership / service dept. would have a $hit fit and red flag me in the computer, plus tell me "they are not going work on it"

beside that, there's no warranty on mine. so its all good.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

it either you have a great dealership that knows jeep wrangler life style or the service dept. couldnt tell the difference between the 2 suspensions. if i did that up here, the dealership / service dept. would have a $hit fit and red flag me in the computer, plus tell me "they are not going work on it"

that sucks. Took mine in for the stabilizer recall. They didnt say anything about my rubi suspension. Said they arent concerned with 35s when i asked

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Dang man I’m sorry to hear that!

Im convinced I have the best service department on the planet.

They even told me if a blow a shock on the trail they’ll replace it with a Rubicon one because they inspected the parts for serviceability and they were passed by the technician (it was a brand new Rubicon suspension with 200 miles on the components).

To add though, that being said, it sounds like your only option (unless you find a better Service Dept) is wheel spacers..

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Just got a 2018 Sport Unlimited. I took the 285/75R17 BFG KO2 A/T off my JK and put them on the new Jeep and they're rubbing a little more. My drivetrain warranty won't allow a lift or it'll void it. Looking at getting wheel spacers. Any recommendations, for or against it? Thanks guys.
Your 33's are rubbing on your JL???

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm
Dang man I’m sorry to hear that!

Im convinced I have the best service department on the planet.

They even told me if a blow a shock on the trail they’ll replace it with a Rubicon one because they inspected the parts for serviceability and they were passed by the technician (it was a brand new Rubicon suspension with 200 miles on the components).

To add though, that being said, it sounds like your only option (unless you find a better Service Dept) is wheel spacers..
when i had my 07 grand cherokee, (all stock) it had the life time warranty. the first 5 year inspection the service dept. was busting my balls on every little thing. and flagged me. then the 2nd 5 year inspection i was missed informed and lost the warranty. one time i came in for a window regulator replacement, i had aftermarket wheels / tires (same size as stock) and a bull bar. they questioned me like i was a f***ing moron.

yeah, i would love to have a dealership that would welcome modded jeeps to service them. i have a great mechanic that loves wranglers and will treat anyone wrangler as his own.

OP
OP

Carolinaeagle8

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Your 33's are rubbing on your JL???
Do you have the eurofenders on still? If so remove them and see if there’s still rubbing.
*Update* It did end up being those eurofenders. No rub and she looks a lot better. Thanks for the help! Didn't even notice those were a thing.

20200120_110238.jpg

20200120_113058.jpg

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
*Update* It did end up being those eurofenders. No rub and she looks a lot better. Thanks for the help! Didn't even notice those were a thing.

20200120_110238.jpg

20200120_113058.jpg
Yup figured it was that. Even if it wasn't it's worth the try to avoid buying and installing spacers. Looks better too as mentioned. I have 285-70-17 Duratracs and my tires rubbed in reverse going to the left until I took the euros off.

OP
OP

Carolinaeagle8

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Yup figured it was that. Even if it wasn't it's worth the try to avoid buying and installing spacers. Looks better too as mentioned. I have 285-70-17 Duratracs and my tires rubbed in reverse going to the left until I took the euros off.
That's exactly when mine would rub. Makes all the difference.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4

20200120_110238.jpg

20200120_113058.jpg
Those eurofenders are so ugly. Glad you got it handled. And yes- looks much better!
Sponsored