Not open for further replies.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
My neighbor had one when I was a kid. Thought it was cool.

If I could have my choice of one, I'd probably go Suzuki Samurai. Those things were oddly unstoppable.
I'm going to Anguilla in July. They still have Samurais available to rent there (along with Jimnys, which are a lot of fun, too, but not topless). You can mod Jimnys into some pretty cool configurations:
aalittle-d-sierra_front_main_1024x10242x.jpg

About $4-5k for the kit. Just don't know if I could drive around in a mini-Jeep that says "Little D" across the hood...
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Isuzu Vehicross was a very cool looking 4x4. Horrible visibility, but a neat looking design and a nice short wheelbase chassis.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This outlined spy shot screams International Scout to me!
It's not necesarily a bad thing, but I've thought much the same. It has about as much in common with Scout design as it does with Bronco.
I agree, but then again I love the scout so that's not a bad thing for me. So far I like what I am seeing. If it's a mix of that with the Bronco r, it would look very nice. (Overall boxy shape, with more curvy body line accents and hood)
Same here, the Scouts are awesome. Ive had a couple buddies that have had some Scout IIs growing up.
Guys, don't any of you remember that Ford essentially stole the Bronco design from the Scout? The International Scout 80 was out well before the Bronco and definitely inspired their design.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Guys, don't any of you remember that Ford essentially stole the Bronco design from the Scout? The International Scout 80 was out well before the Bronco and definitely inspired their design.
Considering I was born in the early 80's, I dont remember. But it does make sense!

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I think the Isuzu Vehicross was a very cool looking 4x4. Horrible visibility, but a neat looking design and a nice short wheelbase chassis.
Kind of a prerunner of the current "cute ute" designs we see now. It was kind of cool....and ahead of its time. Too bad Isuzu's reliability was so shoddy after the 100K mile mark. I had 2 growing up, so I know whereof I speak.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I'm going to Anguilla in July. They still have Samurais available to rent there (along with Jimnys, which are a lot of fun, too, but not topless). You can mod Jimnys into some pretty cool configurations:
aalittle-d-sierra_front_main_1024x10242x.jpg

About $4-5k for the kit. Just don't know if I could drive around in a mini-Jeep that says "Little D" across the hood...
The Jimneys are cool also. Wouldn't be a fan of "little D" on the hood either lol.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
For those that like the Bronco renders from C+D, how about this Jimny set up, available soon?
jimny bronco.jpg

jimny bronco 2.jpg

The Jimny is also ladder frame, 4x4 and SFA. Available with a 5-speed and 1.5 4 cylinder.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I mentioned that in my big post a couple pages ago. My brother had a Scout. The difference was that the Bronco was good and the Scout was a piece of shit. I remember having some fun in the snow in it with my big brother, though.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of a prerunner of the current "cute ute" designs we see now. It was kind of cool....and ahead of its time. Too bad Isuzu's reliability was so shoddy after the 100K mile mark. I had 2 growing up, so I know whereof I speak.
I'd love to drop a Chevy 5.3 in one. Wasn't the engine a 3.1 Chevy V6? I do think they had a Dana 44 rear axle.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I’m so very sorry to hear about your knee. I hope your surgeon can get it sorted out.

I have a bionic knee, too (got it for my 48th birthday, yay), and my husband was really worried about me being out on a trail and having difficulty hiking out if necessary.
Thanks. I knew my first one would need replacement eventually, but did not expect it to fail in under 2 years. I had mine replaced at 39. Hope the next one lasts much longer.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I loved the vehicross, you are one of the only other people I have seen mention one. I think they would do good sales wise today. They were ahead of the times.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Since we're talking some vintage stuff, still dig seeing Nissan Patrols, almost like a bigfoot sighting nowadays

280px-NissanPatrol.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have a good friend in Colombia. There are tons of nicely restored Willys down there. He said they are about $4K-$5K usd fully restored. Someone could probably make a decent profit importing them?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.