Sponsored

Visited the Rubicon Tahoe staging area

flightace47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeeps yet
Hey folks.

The Mrs and I did a hotel stay in Tahoe this week to get away from the usual city routine. We decided to take a look at the Tahoe staging area of the Rubicon by way of the reverse entry at Evergreen today (1/3/2020).

First time actually out driving in snow in our JLUR and we have quite a lot to learn, including how not to burn clutch in Hi-4 after pulling off into the snow to let traffic by. (Any tips? Just roll in low range instead?)

The reverse access was no issue for anyone heading up that way. The snow berm was low getting in, but there were some ruts further up the road where we were just scraping some snow with the underbody on stock Rubi suspension.

We didn’t actually go wheeling on the trail as we really weren’t interested in getting stuck or broken down in the cold overnight. (Yes we did have a winch, recovery gear, supplies, and an HT to call out, but no spare parts.)

B03838C5-7652-4E0C-8F8A-71A2A231D992.jpeg

9C1B4FBD-F579-4AF9-A5E4-47A27F8A0E99.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You went just far enough for winter time if you’re asking me .

And I have not done a ton of snow wheeling, but I would stay away from low-range if you’re on the street. Snow or not, you should leave 4-low for very slow and technical crawling. 4-high is what you want when you need extra traction on highways in the winter.

Thanks for sharing and hope this helps!!