Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Mods, delete if this is a repost. I searched but couldn't find anything.

Print versions of Jp and 18 others are going byebye. Source:
https://jalopnik.com/ten-publishing-kills-19-automotive-print-publications-i-1840273584
I saw this from a social media post by Fred Williams, but this article confirms it
Sounds like the future of the staff and the online presence of those mags are in question as well.

This REALLY sucks. Cappa, Hazel, Trasborg (RIP), Simons, Pewe, and a bunch of the other guys at Jp and 4WOR were some of my favorites. I loved their tech articles and trip reports. They did a great job of breaking it down and showing stuff off. Hazel is also a HUGE guitar tech guy and Cappa actually was into snowboarding and some of the same weird bands I'm into, and had previously given really good advice on how to "break into the field" or really, do anything Jeep/ off roading related. I've had a few exchanges with them on social media about those non-Jeep topics and some of my favorite builds of theirs (Hatari!, Garage GPW, V8 YJ swap, Why-J, etc) and they were always cool guys. I managed to be in the right place at the right time and get my old Jeep in those mags twice.

Here's hoping they're welcomed over at Four Wheeler. I loved their stuff. .
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Sad. I know times are changing, but I would rather read a real magazine than an online one. My wife had her JKUR in JP mag once. RIP printed off-road mags.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
JP was a favorite, sorry to lose it. Digital libraries are subject to deletion,editing, by accident, or otherwise. One powerful EMP, and another Dark Ages is upon us.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
JP was a favorite, sorry to lose it. Digital libraries are subject to deletion,editing, by accident, or otherwise. One powerful EMP, and another Dark Ages is upon us.
That's their plan brother. Read 1984. History on the internet will be (and is currently being) rewritten all the time.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
$hit!!! there goes most of my magazine that i read. i rather read a printed version vs digital.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
did anyone get a letter from ten publishing co. about the changes and magazine being dropped. i'm going to call sometime next week and see what is going to happen to some of my subscriptions that expires in another year or two (possibly 3yrs). i know they are going digital with some of the magazines, but what about the others that wasnt listed. if anyone finds out sooner, please let us know.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
did anyone get a letter from ten publishing co. about the changes and magazine being dropped. i'm going to call sometime next week and see what is going to happen to some of my subscriptions that expires in another year or two (possibly 3yrs). i know they are going digital with some of the magazines, but what about the others that wasnt listed. if anyone finds out sooner, please let us know.
I just got a letter a few minutes ago. There is a code/voucher for a free digital subscription.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I just got a letter a few minutes ago. There is a code/voucher for a free digital subscription.
Are you going to go for it? Let us know how it is and what you get for the price. I was kind of considering going digital with Jp because I always have my phone with me and I can't have the paper copies all the time. if it's cheap enough and you get enough, I'd consider it.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are you going to go for it? Let us know how it is and what you get for the price. I was kind of considering going digital with Jp because I always have my phone with me and I can't have the paper copies all the time. if it's cheap enough and you get enough, I'd consider it.
we will pass. I like paper, and old school books.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've got a 25 year library of 4WOR and 4Wheeler. My kids have read them since before they could read. This sucks

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I contacted the customer support email address I was given and received a form response that they would get back to me . . . that was on 12/16. Of course I've heard nothing since. I have a multi-year sub and have no desire for digital. If you can't print it just give me my money back - I have no expectation of ever seeing it. Had this happen with another magazine and never saw a cent.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Yeah I know about the vode/voucher for the digital version. I'm not crazy about this because I rather have the paper version. I'm going to call and see what I can find out.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I've got a 25 year library of 4WOR and 4Wheeler. My kids have read them since before they could read. This sucks
I've must have thrown out 25 years of magazine which includes, 4wor, 4wheeler, off-road, 4wd, In the last 10 years, motor trend, truck trend, classic trucks, hot rod, street rodder. Those I gave to my brother. At least I still get the good guys and street scene.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I contacted the customer support email address I was given and received a form response that they would get back to me . . . that was on 12/16. Of course I've heard nothing since. I have a multi-year sub and have no desire for digital. If you can't print it just give me my money back - I have no expectation of ever seeing it. Had this happen with another magazine and never saw a cent.
I have a few of the multi Year subscription on the magazines. I'll see what they say when I call. It would be nice to give us an option to either switch to digital, switch the subscription to another magazine, or continue the paper version and let the subscription run out. I'm not holding my breath on this.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
just a reminder the the expiration date is fast approaching (2-29) to switch over to digital copy.

OR

i called ten publishing and found out that you can transfer any of the magazine subscriptions that will not longer be a paper copy to paper copy. the only paper copy that will still be mailed to you are motor trend, hot rod, four wheeler, and one other i cant think off hand.

jp will not be offered as paper copy ( plus any other mags.), so you will have to do the digital copy.

keep in mind if you do the paper copy, you will not be able to do the digital copy. so its one or the other.

i was able to transfer my subscription that will be cut to four wheeler. so no loss on that.

call ten publishing 1877-485-6429 and transfer any of you subscription that will be cut to any of the 4 remaining paper copies if you want the paper copy. or go online to switch over to digital.

sorry for the late info. i just manage to get time this morning to call.
Sponsored