38's & 40's JL Pics W/Lift Kit! Post Em Up

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looking back on this thread it boggles my mind how many people are running 38’s and 40s on a 3.5” and up lift with a stock tie rod, drag link and track bar. Literally the first thing I did was a complete SS front end, I wouldn’t even mount 37’s until I replaced that hollow tube with tooth pick ends that Jeep calls a tie rod.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ALEX-4LO

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Boggles LOL

Mr.Jeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl unlimited sport, 2020 JT Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
winter project ,,, 40's Z/MT , 2.5 rockrawler coils,rcv shafts ,Yukon rear shafts, 5'38 gears, on in D44's
oh i did truss the front axle, axles are not in ,there at shop getting geared can't wait to get it on the trail...

IMG_3746.jpg

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
winter project ,,, 40's Z/MT , 2.5 rockrawler coils,rcv shafts ,Yukon rear shafts, 5'38 gears, on in D44's
oh i did truss the front axle, axles are not in ,there at shop getting geared can't wait to get it on the trail...

IMG_3746.jpg
Wow you're really going to run 40s on 44s? You're not worried about breaking an axel or Ring and pinion.

Sponsored

Mr.Jeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow you're really going to run 40s on 44s? You're not worried about breaking an axel or Ring and pinion.
i know a lot of people doing it, i not scared ,,lol i beefed everything up and i am not hard on it...

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I think the same thing often when looking at upgrades. So you break/tear up and axle. I feel like I can replace a lot of parts for the cost of an axle swap. Yes there is the issue of being stranded.....

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think the same thing often when looking at upgrades. So you break/tear up and axle. I feel like I can replace a lot of parts for the cost of an axle swap. Yes there is the issue of being stranded.....
Pretty weak components can hold up to some pretty massive heavy rubber if you aren't determined to show off to your friends. A gentle right foot and some patience can save a lot of money. Personally I don't always practice what I preach and I've broken my fair share of parts unnecessarily...

Mr.Jeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty weak components can hold up to some pretty massive heavy rubber if you aren't determined to show off to your friends. A gentle right foot and some patience can save a lot of money. Personally I don't always practice what I preach and I've broken my fair share of parts unnecessarily...
time will tell....lol plus i don't have a extra 10-20k to throw down on some axles ..

Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
are you just trying to prove a point or what you will never be able to go off roading
How do you figure that? That’s the proper way to build a Jeep. Put your tires on and then cut/remove body parts until they fit at full bump. You don’t lift a Jeep to clear tires, you lift a Jeep to increase the distance between the frame and the ground.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
How do you figure that? That’s the proper way to build a Jeep. Put your tires on and then cut/remove body parts until they fit at full bump. You don’t lift a Jeep to clear tires, you lift a Jeep to increase the distance between the frame and the ground.
Okay my bad I thought you were doing like some people that put big tires on it and think they dont have to lift the Jeep. I've seen people put 37's on a JL Rubicon and not lift it at all yeah it'll work but it will rub if they go off roading. but no I didn't put my tires on first then lift it on my JL Rubicon. we planned ahead and knew what we were going to do ahead of time. We did the 3-inch lift first then we put 37s on it but it was all there at one time we had the tires ready to go with lift but we did the lift first. We did not have to put the tires on and then figure out what kind of lift we were going to do. there's so much knowledge now on the internet seeing what people have done we knew what we're going to do ahead of time
Sponsored