jordanbickers

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Hey guys,

I was recently wheeling in wet sand dunes, and it seems my Jeep has picked up a noise in the front end when I go over speed bumps and when I'm turning at very slow speeds - It almost feels as if the front end is moving forwards and backward when the noise comes.

The sound is like a rubber on rubber sound, the best way I can describe it is if you place a wet hand on a window and push up and down until it makes that awful grippy noise and gripping vibration:

Thoughts?
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Periodically my Jeep has developed front end noise when going over mogul type bumps ... especially if they are slightly angled. The noise occurs just as the front wheels go over the top of the mogul and start down the backside. Sounds more tinny to my ears.

It seems to be front brakes modulating ... my guess is/was the electronic stability control (ESC) is working when I don't want it to. It happens in 2H and 4H and mostly around 10 to 15 mph. When that happens, I turn off the ESC and the noise goes away.

OP
OP
jordanbickers

jordanbickers

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Periodically my Jeep has developed front end noise when going over mogul type bumps ... especially if they are slightly angled. The noise occurs just as the front wheels go over the top of the mogul and start down the backside. Sounds more tinny to my ears.

It seems to be front brakes modulating ... my guess is/was the electronic stability control (ESC) is working when I don't want it to. It happens in 2H and 4H and mostly around 10 to 15 mph. When that happens, I turn off the ESC and the noise goes away.
Hey, interesting - I tried turning off the esc and the noise is still there sadly. It's not electrical I dont think as it's almost like a metal on metal rubbing sound like something is catching. I'm currently stumped.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey guys,

I was recently wheeling in wet sand dunes, and it seems my Jeep has picked up a noise in the front end when I go over speed bumps and when I'm turning at very slow speeds - It almost feels as if the front end is moving forwards and backward when the noise comes.

The sound is like a rubber on rubber sound, the best way I can describe it is if you place a wet hand on a window and push up and down until it makes that awful grippy noise and gripping vibration:

Thoughts?
Hi Jordan,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please send our team a PM. We'd be happy to add assistance.
Alex
JeepCares

OP
OP
jordanbickers

jordanbickers

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Hi Jordan,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please send our team a PM. We'd be happy to add assistance.
Alex
JeepCares
Hey there, it's going to the dealer but in a week and a half. I'm also outside of the US so not sure you would be able to help.

Thanks.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey there, it's going to the dealer but in a week and a half. I'm also outside of the US so not sure you would be able to help.

Thanks.
Hi Jordan,
I have included a link below to Jeep's UAE webpage. You can find the contact information for their Customer Care team at the bottom of the page.
https://www.mideast.jeep.com/
Alex
JeepCares

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 1988 YJ, 1983 CJ8, 1979 CJ7
Try bouncing the jeep up and down while parked. If you can hear it then, you can have someone else bounce it while you look. Probably a suspension bushing in the track bars or suspension arms.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing I can offer is to go through the front-end components and ensure everything's torqued to spec. Pay particular attention to the sway bar and links. While I'm running a lift, most of the sound I get (that's similar to that) occurs when my links aren't torqued right. Good luck!

OP
OP
jordanbickers

jordanbickers

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Hey guys, thanks for the info.

Luckily I managed to find the issue, the wet sand whilst offroading had pushed the plastic front bash plate up a little, which was causing it to catch one of the bars at the front whenever the suspension compressed.

Interesting how a plastic sound could come across as crunching metal.

Thanks all
Sponsored