Sponsored

Rock Hard front LCA skid question

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
I recently installed rear lca skids, but am wondering if the addition of front lca skids will require an alignment? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed rear lca skids, but am wondering if the addition of front lca skids will require an alignment? Thanks for any input.
No alignment needed as nothing changes. Just bolt them on and go. Torque the bolts properly with the wheels on the ground of course.

OP
OP

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
Thanks for your reply. The install instructions say that it is not compatible with the alignment cam or cam bolts, does this have any effect?

The next step after this will likely be 35s on the JLR, but without a lift. Am I right to expect that I will not need alignment with the larger tires? Thanks again for the advice!

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your reply. The install instructions say that it is not compatible with the alignment cam or cam bolts, does this have any effect?

The next step after this will likely be 35s on the JLR, but without a lift. Am I right to expect that I will not need alignment with the larger tires? Thanks again for the advice!
No alignment needed if youā€™re not lifting. If youā€™re stock you donā€™t have to worry about cam bolts. Cam bolts are used when your bolt holes are slotted to allow for adjustment. A lot of people donā€™t use cam bolts as they can shift/loosen Due to the slotted holes. Adjustable control arms are preferred to cam bolts, but since youā€™re not lifting you wonā€™t need to worry about that. Larger tires alone donā€™t need an alignment

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

I have the RH LCA skids on... nothing further needed. The only problem I had was getting the passenger-side to play nicely with the FAD skid.

Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have the RH LCA skids on... nothing further needed. The only problem I had was getting the passenger-side to play nicely with the FAD skid.
What brand FAD skid are you using? I think RH makes their own, but I've heard MetalCloak's doesn't play nice with the RH control arm skids.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
What brand FAD skid are you using? I think RH makes their own, but I've heard MetalCloak's doesn't play nice with the RH control arm skids.
I replaced the stock with an Artec. Heftier than the flimsy stock.

JL2021guy

First Name
JL2021guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 3.6
Occupation
Jeep fun
I replaced the stock with an Artec. Heftier than the flimsy stock.
How did you get artec fad to work with rock hard lca skid ?? Did it just simply work?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get artec fad to work with rock hard lca skid ?? Did it just simply work?
I didn't... it doesn't play nice, so I don't have a skid on that side. I have the MC skid but I'll need to replace the steering stabilizer.

JL2021guy

First Name
JL2021guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep fun
I didn't... it doesn't play nice, so I don't have a skid on that side. I have the MC skid but I'll need to replace the steering stabilizer.
So you tried artec fad skid but it didnā€™t work with rock hard skids ?
Just trying to be sure I understood.
Or did you mean you never tried the combo together

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So you tried artec fad skid but it didnā€™t work with rock hard skids ?
Just trying to be sure I understood.
Or did you mean you never tried the combo together
The RH skid will not fit with the Artec... I tried...and tried... The skid won't fit in the gap between the LCA & the Artec. I even tried shaving it down & gave up.

JL2021guy

First Name
JL2021guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep fun
Got it
Thanks a million for your help
Sponsored