CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
CavFab JL Elite Series Tire Carrier
Our Elite Series tire carrier features an HD hinge system that will allow you to carry up to a 40" tire without rattling or fear of damaging your tailgate. Our proprietary hinge and brace system ties the Elite series tire carrier into the tub of the Jeep to provide the strongest mounting design of any tire carrier out there. An adjustable tire carrier mount allows you to mount the tire higher or lower, depending on the size of your tire and the preference of how high you want it mounted, to give you the option of having as much rear window visibility as possible. Our Elite series tire carrier features several options for different bolt patterns, so if whether you have a stock 5 x 5 bolt pattern or an 8 lug pattern, we have you covered. License Plate Relocation and Backup Camera mounts included make this the most functional tire carrier on the market.
  • Designed, Engineered, Built, and Tested in the USA
  • CNC Laser Cut & Formed 3/16" American Steel
  • Oilite Bronze Bushings for Lifetime Maintenance Free Use
  • Adjustable Tire Mount for a variety of tire sizes
  • Ability to hold a 40" Tire without rattling
  • License Plate and Backup Camera Mount Included at no additional cost
  • Ships Raw Steel
http://cavfab.com/CavFab-JL-JLU-Elite-Series-Body-Mounted-Tire-Carrier_p_306.html

Our Elite Series HD Tire Carrier continues to be one of our most popular products to date. $649.99 and free shipping make this a no brainer. On top of this, we offer a JL Wrangler Forum Discount Code with code: JLForum over at CavFab.com

Tire Carrier 2.jpg

Crawler Rear 2.jpg

Carrier 2.jpg

Carrier 4.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
3rd brake light? Wiring harness extensions for camera and tag light?

Setup looks beefy!!!

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
3rd brake light? Wiring harness extensions for camera and tag light?

Setup looks beefy!!!
Because there are several different options out there, and its hard to make everyone happy, we do not include a brake light / tag light. The camera wire is long enough so no problem there. What we tend to recommend though is the ORO brake / tag light. It retails for around 50 bucks and has a disconnect-able plug. Dual function white led for the plate, and third brake light...low profile and keeps it clean. Its hard to offer something like that standard though because I know some people would want something different. Ive seen people use the RIGID chase light as a third brake light, some people run without one at all...so not including one and keeping the price down a bit opens that decision up to the purchaser.

Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Looking at the pictures, it appears that there is a plate that ties the two hinge mounting points together inside the jeep. I assume this is the "ties into the tub" part of the description. It looks from your website like that plate may potentially bolt in somewhere else? Do you have a photo or description of how this attaches? It also isn't stated, so I'll ask. Is this straight up bolt on, or is drilling involved? Lastly, how does the plate relocation bracket attach? Is there a friction screw or a secure latch Thanks!

As to the brake/plate light, Poison spyder (sp sorry) have one that is decent too. I'm using that one right now and its worked really well for me. Here is a pic on my jeep. The ring is Quadratec, which I also like.

229704.jpg

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Looking at the pictures, it appears that there is a plate that ties the two hinge mounting points together inside the jeep. I assume this is the "ties into the tub" part of the description. It looks from your website like that plate may potentially bolt in somewhere else? Do you have a photo or description of how this attaches? It also isn't stated, so I'll ask. Is this straight up bolt on, or is drilling involved? Lastly, how does the plate relocation bracket attach? Is there a friction screw or a secure latch Thanks!

As to the brake/plate light, Poison spyder (sp sorry) have one that is decent too. I'm using that one right now and its worked really well for me. Here is a pic on my jeep. The ring is Quadratec, which I also like.

very nice!

the tie in plate is a brace that requires a small amount of triming of the sheet metal behind the plastic trim in the jeep.
you will also have to set a series of nutserts.
it is as close to bolt on as you can get for the added reinforcement.
(this tie in plate is an optional part)
we will work on more pics soon

the tag mount is bolted onto the carrier via a V channel design to keep it straight with a 3/8-16 allen bolt
there is a slide in and out to allow for a un interrupted view with the backup camera.
(if it is too easy to dismount thieves would be more inclined to tamper)

you should still be able to use our carrier with no issues with the 3rd brake light ring as shown.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Our Black Friday Blowout Began Today!

Save 20% on our Elite Series Tire Carrier.

Retail on this bad boy is $649.99 but is discounted to $519.99 with this sale!

Coupon Code: Thanks20

CavFab.com

Black Friday Resize.png

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
These things have flown off the shelf! We are ramping up production for 2020 and know that this will be one of our most popular parts!

Bolt On Install, no drilling into the body of your JL, Support for a 40" tire and heavy beadlock, Maintenance Free Bushings, Tons of adjust-ability up and down, as well as in / out from the body, included license plate and camera relocation bracket.

American Made, No BS warranty.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
We sold a ton of these through the holiday and are working to get these back on the shelf! If you have any questions about functionality, fitment, or install...let us know!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
These have continued to be our most popular JL part we offer. See photos below submitted by customers who have recently installed our carrier!

CF0D52A5-662B-44C5-8066-1852AB229712.jpeg

6D2E7E18-0EE4-499D-95A2-0E601E9C9B3B.jpeg

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Here is a customer install sent to us over the weekend. Pictured is our Predator Series front bumper w/ Predator skid, Crawler series full width rear bumper, and our Elite Tire Carrier.

IMG_1292.jpeg