Hummer is coming back..... electric pickup under GMC brand

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Wow, so much hate. Clearly a controversial move by GM.

With the naming of the Chevy Blazer and the Mustang Mach E, and the controversial styling of the Cybertruck, and now this, it seems like automakers are just trying to piss of every internet troll, to get people talking about their latest ideas.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Wow, so much hate. Clearly a controversial move by GM.

With the naming of the Chevy Blazer and the Mustang Mach E, and the controversial styling of the Cybertruck, and now this, it seems like automakers are just trying to piss of every internet troll, to get people talking about their latest ideas.
Doesn't mean they're any good

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Lest people forget, Hummer had a 2 door version in development, just before the End.
This could show up, if people like the looks of the electric Hummer, they will buy it.
Mass Market ? It was pulled because of the image link to a disastrous war in the Mideast, increasing gas prices, Green version of McCarthyism. All that's in the Past, so an electric Hummer stands a good chance. Again, electric Tech, competition, choice all good.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lest people forget, Hummer had a 2 door version in development, just before the End.
This could show up, if people like the looks of the electric Hummer, they will buy it.
Mass Market ? It was pulled because of the image link to a disastrous war in the Mideast, increasing gas prices, Green version of McCarthyism. All that's in the Past, so an electric Hummer stands a good chance. Again, electric Tech, competition, choice all good.

Now you're sitting right on top of all that, imagine if something happens
jaguar_i-pace_battery-cutaway.jpg

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
So if you get into a crash with your EV and it's enough damage to puncture the battery, then it won't explode?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018/05/10/all-fired-up-again/
Ha ha, no not what I'm saying. I'm in agreement with you I think? I have some pretty serious misgivings about electric passenger vehicles. I'm not saying no way in hell, but for me and mine I'm much more interested in a diesel hybrid electric technology (as long as it's done right). Batteries on fire is no joke IMO.

Have you never seen The series Archer? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486217/

Sorry I throw references out and expect most people to get them. So the character Lana up there was a big fan of saying 'Nope' when she wasn't going to do something. So I meant it as "Nope, you won't catch me in one of those."

Not

"Nope, you're flat out wrong and sitting on tons of Li-ion batteries should not concern any reasonable person."

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha ha, no not what I'm saying. I'm in agreement with you I think? I have some pretty serious misgivings about electric passenger vehicles. I'm not saying no way in hell, but for me and mine I'm much more interested in a diesel hybrid electric technology (as long as it's done right). Batteries on fire is no joke IMO.

Have you never seen The series Archer? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486217/

Sorry I throw references out and expect most people to get them. So the character Lana up there was a big fan of saying 'Nope' when she wasn't going to do something. So I meant it as "Nope, you won't catch me in one of those."

Not

"Nope, you're flat out wrong and sitting on tons of Li-ion batteries should not concern any reasonable person."
All good

Can't remember the last time I saw Archer, been ages.

Gotcha, gotcha, glad to see we're on the same page

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow so offensive, some of us have autistic relatives. You can go eat shit and die pos.
I got an autistic cousin as well, so what's your point?

It's a meme, you snowflake
Sponsored