First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I came across this brand only recently when I found a recommendation for their torque wrench and I bought one. I’m very satisfied with it so far in brief limited use. I’ve bought a few of their other hand tools over the past few months as I’ve expanded/upgraded some of my hand tools. I love the design of their screwdrivers. I’ve got sone of the slip joint pliers and mini pliers and haven’t even had opportunity to use them yet.

A couple of the things that appeal to me are they’re rewards program (10% credit toward future purchases with every order), free shipping, and their lifetime guarantee although I haven’t had to use it yet.

What’s your experience?
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I too have a tool chest with lots of Tekton. They are a quality tool, often American or Taiwan made, and at a very good price point. Thumbs up.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I use their impact sockets and am quite pleased with them.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I have two sets of their impact sockets (1/2 shallow & deep metric) and impact extensions, no complaints there. I also recently bought a 1/4" drive socket set and I am disappointed with the included ratchet. it is very loose and changes direction too easily. I may ask them for a replacement and see how that goes.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have one of their smaller torque wrenches and it worked pretty well, so.. call me satisfied!

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My first Tekton was a torque wrench a few years ago. It’s been great for me and I’ve since added a lot more. A second torque wrench, impact sockets (both deep and not), two sets of crescent wrenches (imperial and metric), breaker bars (of various sizes), and a backup socket set that I carry with me on trails.

I might have gone too far...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I came across this brand only recently when I found a recommendation for their torque wrench and I bought one. I’m very satisfied with it so far in brief limited use. I’ve bought a few of their other hand tools over the past few months as I’ve expanded/upgraded some of my hand tools. I love the design of their screwdrivers. I’ve got sone of the slip joint pliers and mini pliers and haven’t even had opportunity to use them yet.

A couple of the things that appeal to me are they’re rewards program (10% credit toward future purchases with every order), free shipping, and their lifetime guarantee although I haven’t had to use it yet.

What’s your experience?
After Craftsman turned to shit I decided to try Tekton. I love their tools. I have two torque wrenches, 1/2” socket set, 3/8” socket set, screwdriver set, digital tire pressure gauge, and their set for working on Apple MacBook’s (tiny star bits). Great quality tools, and they appear to have an awesome replacement process (that I’ve not needed so far).

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I have a few Tekton ratchets and a few sets of their combination wrenches. They seem to be good quality tools, and seem to be a step up in quality from the typical home improvement store brands (Husky, Cobalt, etc.). I'm satisfied.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah, Tekton's the new Craftsman, just mostly minus the B&M aspect (but maybe Menards carries them?)

Their warranty support is no joke, their website is user friendly and their "cash back" loyalty program basically makes for a 10% discount. Also free shipping on everything on their site if you set up an account (easy)

I like their non-QR ratchets 'cause the all-chrome back is sexy.

$45 for a quality 90T 24" 1/2" dr ratchet is hard to beat
https://www.tekton.com/long-ratchets

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

What’s your experience?
Decent tools at a decent price. I just don't like their ratchets as the mechanism feels loose, for those Snap On is wonderful but the price is nasty, with Craftsman being a good compromise.

Another hint -- everyone needs a Knipex Cobra Wrench and Cobra Pliers in the tool set and the Jeep - wonderfully built tool that can be used for many purposes. I carry the 10 inch in the Jeep, and have 12 inch in the tool chest.

minimight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I grabbed two Tekton torque wrenches, after my "discount store specials" crapped the bed, and they have been fantastic. Seems to be built very well.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Tekton seems to be the new tool of You Tubers.. Trail Recon, ponytail and a few others rocking all new sets on their videos.
Sponsored