Low Tire Pressure Warning

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I like to keep my front tires at 32 psi . Few days ago the outside temperature came down and the tire pressure decreased to 30 psi and so I got the Low Pressure Warning . Now again the outside temperature went up and the tire pressure increased to 33 psi yet the warning remained. I wonder if I have to increase the pressure to 36 psi as is suggested by the warning or is there any other way to get rid of the warning?
Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You have to air them up ...
Feds making sure you are safe ...
Not a fan of the fact that you can not just turn the warning off once it pops up to remind you.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Yes if you increase the pressure to 36 or more the warning will go away once you start driving and it records it and then you can adjust it back down to 32psi.
I just ignore the warning for low psi but I do monitor the air pressure throughout my drive.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to air them up ...
Feds making sure you are safe ...
Not a fan of the fact that you can not just turn the warning off once it pops up to remind you.

I better pump them up. I don't want no Federales knocking on my door.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes if you increase the pressure to 36 or more the warning will go away once you start driving and it records it and then you can adjust it back down to 32psi.
I just ignore the warning for low psi but I do monitor the air pressure throughout my drive.

these monitoring systems are taking over our lives and it will get only worse in the future

Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Was on a trip to Iowa back in December when it was unseasonably warm here in Chicago. I planned poorly and had no gloves or warm coat. I like to run 35-ish psi in all four stock tires. Woke up first morning, it was 9ºF with a sub zero wind chill, and as I headed down the road in the Jeep the low tire pressure light came on. One of the front tires had dropped down to 31 psi. Found a gas station with air-4-pay and spend a good fifteen minutes freezing my hands and backside off trying to get the tires all to 36 psi. Won't let that happen again.

Best,
-Tim

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Sorry, I don't depend on the TPMS system--

By changing wheels/tires I don't usE the FCA TPMS xmitters in the wheels--

You can default the TPMS system(without xmitters), by driving at least 20 mph, for 15 minutes, then the system shuts down and tells you on the dash view , in RED--"tire pressure not available"

It tells you how to do this in the manual !

W.E.

JIMBO

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, I bring a gun to the nanny knife fight..... bought a tazer jl mini, it was one of my first mods, and it is one of the best things I’ve done so far,.......:)
yes.gif

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Was on a trip to Iowa back in December when it was unseasonably warm here in Chicago. I planned poorly and had no gloves or warm coat. I like to run 35-ish psi in all four stock tires. Woke up first morning, it was 9ºF with a sub zero wind chill, and as I headed down the road in the Jeep the low tire pressure light came on. One of the front tires had dropped down to 31 psi. Found a gas station with air-4-pay and spend a good fifteen minutes freezing my hands and backside off trying to get the tires all to 36 psi. Won't let that happen again.

Best,
-Tim
Why? They would have warmed up and probably stablilized around 33-35 psi. 36 psi cold would be pretty high when warmed up.

I've been driving my JLUR for about 8 months with the little tire pressure warning. This morning they are probably about 27-28 psi and will warm up to about 30 psi today. They're happy at around 30-33 psi warmed up. When people do the contact patch test and determine a pressure which they are happy with, this should be the "operating" pressure, not the cold pressure.

Jeep has the low pressure warning set higher than most of us would like. Something like 24 would probably be where I'd set it.

Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Why? They would have warmed up and probably stablilized around 33-35 psi. 36 psi cold would be pretty high when warmed up.
Still learning the Jeep, still in that honeymoon stage where when a yellow light appears on the dash I'm like, "Oh no, I gotta fix that."

Best,
-Tim

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm a big fan of TPMS. I can check pressure prior to a trip without getting my hands dirty, during the trip while driving, and all of the tires in a minute.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a big fan of TPMS. I can check pressure prior to a trip without getting my hands dirty, during the trip while driving, and all of the tires in a minute.

To me it feels like another addictive toy . I've successfully driven many thousands of miles without all these gadgets and electronic monitoring systems but I have to admit now that I have it I keep pressing all the different buttons like a little kid.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Yep we use TPMS all the time to chk air downs and air ups vs our handheld gauge. Super convenient and major useful. Only takes a sec to glance at in-dash to pinpoint any variance. Is surprisingly very accurate and consistent.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
my tpms light came on a couple of times this on some cold mornings. i run them at 35-36 psi. the annoying thing is that you have to put air in in order to clear out the light. i check frequently when the light comes on and the tire gauge reads 35 psi. i come to a conclusion that these tpms are very sensitive.
Sponsored