NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine yesterday morning and it shipped during the day.

a) I have 37's. No tires are actual size, so do we load actual tire size?
b) I will be lowering TPMS threshold to 28 as I will be running 32 cold. When we wheel, I'll air down to 15, it is assumed that I'll have a an indicator flashing, but I'll have to deal with that (as I did last time)
c) getting a JL Lite due to initial cost (still recovering from doing half of phase 1 (still need to do a regear and find a more permanent rear bumper with TC). To upgrade to full JL, just pay the $125 software upgrade?
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

b) I will be lowering TPMS threshold to 28 as I will be running 32 cold. When we wheel, I'll air down to 15, it is assumed that I'll have a an indicator flashing, but I'll have to deal with that (as I did last time)
c) getting a JL Lite due to initial cost (still recovering from doing half of phase 1 (still need to do a regear and find a more permanent rear bumper with TC). To upgrade to full JL, just pay the $125 software upgrade?
Just break down and get the full Tazer. I love it. On tire size setting, get a GPS and mess with it. My 37s measured about 35" but I had to set the tazer to 36.7" to get the right speedo reading. I run 28 psi normally and have my TPMS set to 25. No big deal having pressures turn red when wheeling aired down.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Even in the same size, different brands actually have varying height, and it can change again once loaded. Measure your tire height while on the Jeep with a typical load and start there. You may still have to adjust a little, but you'll be close. I then use a GPS app on my phone to fine tune it.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I measured only the radius of the wheel, from the center to the ground, then multiplied this number by 2. This gives a much more accurate measurement than taking the diameter of the wheel.

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Just break down and get the full Tazer. I love it. On tire size setting, get a GPS and mess with it. My 37s measured about 35" but I had to set the tazer to 36.7" to get the right speedo reading. I run 28 psi normally and have my TPMS set to 25. No big deal having pressures turn red when wheeling aired down.
I will eventually upgrade to full, but it's honestly not that pressing. I don't have a Rubi (was never on my radar) so some "live" features, I'll never use.

Even in the same size, different brands actually have varying height, and it can change again once loaded. Measure your tire height while on the Jeep with a typical load and start there. You may still have to adjust a little, but you'll be close. I then use a GPS app on my phone to fine tune it.
I knew that tire size varied and thus my question. What GPS app are you using to fine tune?

I measured only the radius of the wheel, from the center to the ground, then multiplied this number by 2. This gives a much more accurate measurement than taking the diameter of the wheel.
I'll use this as my starting point.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I will eventually upgrade to full, but it's honestly not that pressing. I don't have a Rubi (was never on my radar) so some "live" features, I'll never use.

I knew that tire size varied and thus my question. What GPS app are you using to fine tune?

I'll use this as my starting point.
I use Speed Box on my iPhone app to check my speed with Jeep. Right on.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Well I’ve tried and failed to install my Tazer again. I bought this thing on Black Friday 2018 (yes, over a year ago) and have yet to install it because I can’t get those damn plugs undone under the dash. I’ve tried three times over the past year. Tonight I got one plug, but couldn’t get the second on, so after a frustrating 20 minutes I plugged the one I removed back in. That took some finesse as well. I bought the Tazer to change the tire size to 34”. I’ve been running the 285/75-17 Ridge Grapplers without size correction for over 10,000 miles. Figured today was the day to finally correct the speedo....NOPE not today! Oh well...
Have a kid, or neighborhood kid, wife, lady friend, anyone with smaller hands and that can contort themselves to see up in there? Give them a $10 bill and get this done!

Side note, I’d update the Tazer to the newest software before you do it - since it may be a while before you get back to it again

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Have a kid, or neighborhood kid, wife, lady friend, anyone with smaller hands and that can contort themselves to see up in there? Give them a $10 bill and get this done!

Side note, I’d update the Tazer to the newest software before you do it - since it may be a while before you get back to it again
Happy to report SUCCESS!
I was able to get them out. The one on the left came out rather easily (had that one out before), but the one on the right fought me. I was able to reach up with some needle nose pliers and grab the sides of it after it wiggled out a bit.
Updated to the latest software and married it to my Jeep. Still have to dial in the tire size, but it’s only 1mph off at higher speeds. It was 4-5mph off prior so I’m happy.

thanks for everyone’s suggestions

Last edited:

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For those that have the backup camera activated when using the turn signals, do you notice it not returning to CarPlay screen from time to time? Mine will default to whatever the last used Uconnect screen was about 65% of the time.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Any updates that may have the brake lights flash before staying solid when applied?

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
In the process of reading up on the Tazer JL. Are there any common negatives to the tazer? Most responses seem to be user error on install or software updates needed.

Are there any other common issues or functions that don't work as smoothly? I'm always skeptic of these parasitic (for lack of better word) programmers. I've had some on motorcycles that eventually created issues.

My jeep functions amazing now, so I really don't want to mess with that. Looking at now to reprogram TPMS, be able to lock rear diff in 4 high, keep fogs on with brights. I'm going to install the factory auxiliary switches and sounds like I may be able to activate those, is that right?

Thanks for any responses. I'll continue to read through the prior forum responses.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
In the process of reading up on the Tazer JL. Are there any common negatives to the tazer? Most responses seem to be user error on install or software updates needed.

Are there any other common issues or functions that don't work as smoothly? I'm always skeptic of these parasitic (for lack of better word) programmers. I've had some on motorcycles that eventually created issues.

My jeep functions amazing now, so I really don't want to mess with that. Looking at now to reprogram TPMS, be able to lock rear diff in 4 high, keep fogs on with brights. I'm going to install the factory auxiliary switches and sounds like I may be able to activate those, is that right?

Thanks for any responses. I'll continue to read through the prior forum responses.
I’ve been using my original two piece Tazer for 19 months. No issues, other than turn cam feature is flaky (I don’t want/use that feature, anyway.)

11.1.5 firmware is rock solid.

The phone app doesn’t update when Tazer is plugged in, but who cares? I can see my mileage and stuff on the dashboard.

Two piece Tazer makes more sense than the mini, to me. I can easily just pull it out of the OBDII port if I wanted the phone app to update, or if I was going to leave my Jeep unused for a while and wanted to eliminate parasitic draw. (Whole thread on the latter - TL;DR version is that the draw is insignificant.)

I use an OBDII extender to keep my unit hidden.

No regrets.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Do I need a PC computer to use the taser ? I only have ipad

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Do I need a PC computer to use the taser ? I only have ipad
You need a computer to apply firmware updates.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.