First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Well I’ve tried and failed to install my Tazer again. I bought this thing on Black Friday 2018 (yes, over a year ago) and have yet to install it because I can’t get those damn plugs undone under the dash. I’ve tried three times over the past year. Tonight I got one plug, but couldn’t get the second on, so after a frustrating 20 minutes I plugged the one I removed back in. That took some finesse as well. I bought the Tazer to change the tire size to 34”. I’ve been running the 285/75-17 Ridge Grapplers without size correction for over 10,000 miles. Figured today was the day to finally correct the speedo....NOPE not today! Oh well...
In my review of the install I reported that by far, the hardest part was getting those plugs undone. A number of folks here have offered suggestions, one I thought held promise was using a pair of forceps (available a number of places, including Harbor Freight) but I wasn't going to plug mine back in to test it out, LOL!
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Did a bit more work toward getting set up as a toad. Last item on the list is installing the Air Force One brake system. Using the Maximus 3 tow loops and the Cooltech wire harness.

20200109_165933.jpg
20200109_170927.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-165658_Gallery.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’ve tried and failed to install my Tazer again. I bought this thing on Black Friday 2018 (yes, over a year ago) and have yet to install it because I can’t get those damn plugs undone under the dash. I’ve tried three times over the past year. Tonight I got one plug, but couldn’t get the second on, so after a frustrating 20 minutes I plugged the one I removed back in. That took some finesse as well. I bought the Tazer to change the tire size to 34”. I’ve been running the 285/75-17 Ridge Grapplers without size correction for over 10,000 miles. Figured today was the day to finally correct the speedo....NOPE not today! Oh well...
When I get a chance, I'll show you a tool I made that helped.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
When I get a chance, I'll show you a tool I made that helped.
Yes show me the tool... I found it easier to remove the panel under the steering wheel to get to the plugs.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Ibrkoe downa and bought the Harbur freight kick panel removal koy for $5.00 That made an impossible job merely difficult nad in about 15 minutes of contortion I had them dis connected.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please do. My fingers are actually sore. LOL
Edit....

Here it is! I blunted the tip on this so that it wouldn't dig into the plastic clip, but instead would press it in. It is still hard, but this gets the job done. I bought it at Harbor Freight. I just used a hammer to tap the tip to blunt it.
WyQVBTN.jpg

SuwFczH.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes show me the tool... I found it easier to remove the panel under the steering wheel to get to the plugs.
I did that too. Panel plus the tool. I also use a magnetic light to see as well as possible. It is hard to get my head under there and get a good view.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I must be lucky, my install took 10 seconds. Push up on connector, squeeze tab, pull.
Mine were unusually tight and wouldn't release, even if you got a good hold on them. They have gotten much easier as they've been disconnected and reconnected a few times.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
So since I’m still a Tazer noob, a couple quick questions. I installed my Mini and set the tire size for my 35’s, and all is well. I noticed that my UConnect Guardian is not updating or sending me the monthly reports. There’s multiple people on here that have said the updates/reports stopped when they hooked up their Tazer. My questions are this:

1. Can I just unhook the Mini and plug the connectors back into the SGW without disrupting anything other than loosing my live features?
2. If I do this, I assume the tire size I set will stay since that’s not a live feature?

Basically I just want to make sure that I can unhook the Tazer Mini, plug back into SGW and drive around to test the Guardian info updates for a few days and not lose my tire size correction. Thanks.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Can you move a Tazer to a different Jeep after you have married it to your Jeep by unmarring it?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
Status
Not open for further replies.