Sponsored

Is the steel Mopar Bumper worth replacing with an aftermarket one?

Has anyone replaced their Mopar Rubicon steel bumper with an aftermarket one?

• Total voters

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ditto. I got take-off front and rear bumpers and Rubi Sliders available to a good home. Bring me $200 and the whole pile is yours.
I'd love to, but AZ is a little far. However, isn't Spring training there soon? Hubby is a Reds fan:idea:. I'm currently running with my plastic Sport bumper. It doesn't take much to hurt it. My daughter tried taking out a handicap sign and put a nice gouge in it:facepalm:
Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
This is what I got and I love it!

0004746_elite-rear-bumper-for-jeep-jl-102410.jpg

ELITE REAR BUMPER FOR JEEP JL - 102410

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I plan to replace my stock plastic bumper with the Rubicon steel bumper. I like the look of stamped steel bumpers.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I plan to replace my stock plastic bumper with the Rubicon steel bumper. I like the look of stamped steel bumpers.
I have a steel rear bumper if you need one with factory reverse sensor cut-outs

OP
OP
FitBliss

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I got and I love it!

0004746_elite-rear-bumper-for-jeep-jl-102410.jpg

ELITE REAR BUMPER FOR JEEP JL - 102410
Did you get the backup sensors to work with this bumper? Did it come with a light for the rear license plate? and mount?

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Did you get the backup sensors to work with this bumper?
Yes, but it was a real pain the first 3 times!

The first first time I didn't install the sensors before installing the bumper.

The second time, the wires were too short between the sensors, as the holes were in different locations.

The 3rd and 4th time, I learned how to aim the center sensors toward the center and downward, as the the big lugs were triggering them.

The 5th time (not done yet), I needed to buy body shims to better align the fitment to body clearances.

I spoke to Warn about these issues and they said since I have a 2020 JLUR that they weren't responsible for the fitment issues, as they only advertised fitment for 2018 and 2019's.

Oh, by the way, you will need to go to Amazon for a license plate light, since the factory one will not fit it and you will need to wire it into the harness before installation of the bumper.

I posted an article about this somewhere in the previous posts.

Knowing what I know now, it would 5 times easier to install, had I to do it again.

Other than that, it's such a cool looking bumper that I forgot how much grief I went through to install it!

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I'd love to, but AZ is a little far. However, isn't Spring training there soon? Hubby is a Reds fan:idea:. I'm currently running with my plastic Sport bumper. It doesn't take much to hurt it. My daughter tried taking out a handicap sign and put a nice gouge in it:facepalm:
Yep.....spring training will start soon......and I live just a few miles north of the Reds / Indians ball fields in Goodyear AZ. Shoot me a PM for a phone number or email addy. I saved all the parts and bolts to go with that are possible.

OP
OP
FitBliss

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

The first first time I didn't install the sensors before installing the bumper.

The second time, the wires were too short between the sensors, as the holes were in different locations.

The 3rd and 4th time, I learned how to aim the center sensors toward the center and downward, as the the big lugs were triggering them.

The 5th time (not done yet), I needed to buy body shims to better align the fitment to body clearances.

I spoke to Warn about these issues and they said since I have a 2020 JLUR that they weren't responsible for the fitment issues, as they only advertised fitment for 2018 and 2019's.

Oh, by the way, you will need to go to Amazon for a license plate light, since the factory one will not fit it and you will need to wire it into the harness before installation of the bumper.

I posted an article about this somewhere in the previous posts.

Knowing what I know now, it would 5 times easier to install, had I to do it again.

Other than that, it's such a cool looking bumper that I forgot how much grief I went through to install it!
Wow, good to know I still plan on going this route but that is allot to take in, I really do not care too much about he sensors but it sucks to lose an option we already paid for. The light on the plate is kinda more a bummer, was hoping it was just a simple plug and play like the LOD rear bumper setup.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Wow, good to know I still plan on going this route but that is allot to take in, I really do not care too much about he sensors but it sucks to lose an option we already paid for. The light on the plate is kinda more a bummer, was hoping it was just a simple plug and play like the LOD rear bumper setup.
Just take your time putting everything together on the ground and it will be a breeze.

The license plate light will be a easy if you wire for it beforehand, and the license plate goes on after installation.

Here's the led light that fits perfectly:

617%2BGH97jQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

EEEKit 2 Pack 12V 6 SMD LED License Plate Lamp Light for Truck SUV Trailer Van, Step Courtesy Lights, Dome/Cargo Lights or Under Hood Light
Price: $8.97
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075GL641C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon had the best price on the bumper with free shipping in September 2019, but do not accept delivery until you check it for damage.

The first time I got a broken up box with everything inside but the bumper!

The 2nd time it came in scratched, so they gave me a $100.00 credit to not bad-mouth them on Amazon.

The re-seller wasn't the problem, as it was Warn that didn't pack the 100 pound box to withstand UPS delivery handlers.

I love this bumper!!!

WARN 102410 Jeep JL Elite Rear Bumper, Not Tire Carrier Compatible

• Price: $892.32

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic

Wow, that's some seriously weasel bullshit there. What exactly are the differences between the 18/19 and '20 models that would creates this fitment issue? Would be interesting if somebody in the market contacted them about whether their bumper would work with their '20 JLUR and got a different answer.

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Wow, that's some seriously weasel bullshit there. What exactly are the differences between the 18/19 and '20 models that would creates this fitment issue? Would be interesting if somebody in the market contacted them about whether their bumper would work with their '20 JLUR and got a different answer.
A poor excuse is better than none on Warn's part

OP
OP
FitBliss

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh by the way I went with the ARB Front Bondi Deluxe Winch Bumper :giggle: couldn't help myself, will post install soon.

Robbie

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Wrangler
Ditto. I got take-off front and rear bumpers and Rubi Sliders available to a good home. Bring me $200 and the whole pile is yours.
Are these the steel bumpers? If so, I’ll take them off your hands.

OP
OP
FitBliss

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My new ARB Front Bondi Deluxe Winch Bumper :rock: install was kind a pain, with the warn winch plate holding my zeon 10s already some bolts did not want to get free and some cutting was required to get the winch into the new spot on the much higher ARB winch plate for the new bumper. Love it!!!

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

View attachment 272158

View attachment 272159

IMG_0397.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
FitBliss