First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Working toward getting the Jeep ready for toad duty. So far I have the Maximus 3 tow loops installed as well as the Cooltech toad wire harness. Neither was especially challenging, just follow the instructions. I did watch the U-Tube video on the wire harness install a couple of times before I started, it was a big help. Next will be installing the Air Force One supplimental brake system.

As it is highly unlikely I'll ever install a winch I took advantage of the factory holes punched in the steel bumper for that purpose to mount the six pin wire harness connector and for mounting the air nipple for the brake line. Here you'll see photos from both the front and back side of the bumper. As you can see, I haven't attached the airline on the backside yet. The break away switch will be mounted using one of the skid plate mounting bolts, next to which I've drilled a hole to run the wires through.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have the rig fully set up to be towed, maybe I'll get the CB installation done too (I've had the parts for all of this for weeks but either other plans or bad weather keep interfering. All this has to be done outdoors.)
20200109_165933.jpg
20200109_170927.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-165658_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: PSI

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I hate to revive this old thread, but I'm about to rig my JLUR for 4 down towing and was considering going the same route as you did. Did you have to remove the bumper and air dam/skid and was there a template supplied by Maximus 3 to use for the modifications needed? How hard/easy was it to cut out the slots in the bumper and skid?

Thanks for the info.
Rob

OP
OP
Jmonroe

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Some have reported they've done it without removing the bumper, but not sure why. It's easy to remove, much easier, I'd think, to work on it on a bench, or on the ground as I did. Easier access, no metal chips falling down into your face, no having to work around frame horns or bumper mounting plates.

Eight bolts and it will slide right off. Tow hooks are attached to the bumper and will come off with it. Use a quality hole saw and a cut off wheel, easy peasy.

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
That definitely looks alot cleaner than other base plate options. It looks good!
Sponsored