Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
I think the grill shown on the Safari concept, shows that they could have easily keep the Jeep DNA alive. All they had to do, was care enough to do it.
Plenty of Jeep DNA alive in the JLU front end. It actually looks more quintessential Jeep than the JK. And the grille is also much more attractive.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Question/Comment: do the stock side lights in the JK's fenders blink when their corresponding side's directional signal is engaged?
I ask because maybe FCA moved the directional lights to the fender in the JL to accommodate some country's requirements that they blink from the side: an optional standard in the US if I understand correctly.
The JK is like that... but not in the US/Canada.
Export JK do use the side markers as turn signals for that very reason.

It's always been silly that it wasn't universal, just like Amber rear signal lights.

jeepney123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Train Set
The Safari Concept finishing's are far more indicative of what we should see in terms of quality for the finished JL product as opposed to what is shown on the current mule.

2KJf5ZX.jpg

gt6z0d6rtw41tu8yvqwp-jpg-jpg.jpg

DTyree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
I hope you're right. I'm pleased with the overall form and function of the JL. However, I much prefer the grill, bumper, and fenders of the Safari over the mules shown in this post. Do you think the aftermarket will design/provide the equipment necessary to transform the JL into a Safari?

Sponsored

DTyree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
I hope you're right. I'm pleased with the overall form and function of the JL. However, I much prefer the grill, bumper, and fenders of the Safari over the mules shown in this post. Do you think the aftermarket will design/provide the equipment necessary to transform the JL into a Safari?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
it is all very interesting the book is still open on the side turn signals on the fenders at first glance I don't like them so much but lets see how it looks as a total package . The rubi ( red ) looks like it is on bigger stock wheels. with larger tires . Could the top be modular? I really would like to see the inside .

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
What's that little part attached to the rear glass? Is that the washer fluid nozzle? Looks like the hose is coiled behind the glass. Seems odd to have to look at that hose in the rear view mirror.

If the wiper is now mounted on the lower glass there has to be a wire to the motor that runs the height of the rear glass to allow it to open. Why couldn't they incorporate the washer jet into the wiper for a cleaner look?

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Fenders for sure since those exist for the JK right now. Also wouldn't be surprised to see turn signal relocation kits which include a grille with integrated turn signals like the Safari Concept.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The grill and the front fenders really sucks. What a total disappointment. :surprised: The Jeep designers have only earned a very generous F- - for their complete and total lack of understand of Jeep "DNA". :facepalm:

Going way, way back to the beginning, Jeep has the front directional/parking lights on the grill, under the headlights. Even when the YJ dared to go "square", they still had enough respect to keep the front directional/parking lights where they belong. :crying:

3-1.jpg
Chill. Breathe !

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
it is all very interesting the book is still open on the side turn signals on the fenders at first glance I don't like them so much but lets see how it looks as a total package . The rubi ( red ) looks like it is on bigger stock wheels. with larger tires . Could the top be modular? I really would like to see the inside .
The Rubi Red sits slightly higher and on 33s, which are the biggest Jeep has ever offered. I like that they seem to be offset further out than current Rubi wheels too. And did you notice the little extended flares on the red one?

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I don't understand how Jeep managed to get every little thing right except for the turn signals (and ugly halo lights).. oh well I guess that isn't enough to complain about

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
There's plenty of room in the JL grill to install "traditional" grill lights. Not a Problem at all. A Jeep is a blank slate; don't like something, Change it. THAT'S Jeep DNA. Making it "yours". Not crying and stamping feet because you disagree.
Maybe not, but it sure seems to be the current American way.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We've updated the first post to include these photos of a more polished looking black 2018 JLU Rubicon with the camouflage removed from the rear hardtop. It reveals the roof will have a prominent lip/drip rail over the rear glass.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-1.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-2.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-6.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-7.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-9.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-10.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-11.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-12.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-13.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-14.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-15.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-JLWRANGLERFORUMS-16.jpg