Sponsored

Has anyone swapped from halogens to leds?

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
How hard were the bulbs to swap out? Did you need to remove the grill to complete?
yes, you need to remove the grill (6 pins on top and then pull the grill out to release the pressure clips). Then remove each headlight housing (3 bolts each) and remove the dust cover from the back of each housing. Give each bulb a 1/4 turn to remove them and replace the bulbs. It’s about a 20 minute job tops.

there are plenty of videos that show how to remove the grill and lights out there if you’d like to see how it’s done.
Sponsored

Dirguo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
NewHey guys I'm looking to purchase 9" headlights for my 2018 Wrangler JL. I'm on a tight budget but looking to treat myself and I came across these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07QJ1NYGJ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1

Unfortunately there's not many reviews out there and I just want to be re assured I'm not wasting my money here lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!
I'm curious as well....they look good and the price is obviously attractive. The 1st review shows a good bit of water that got in the housing...that's a little concerning.

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
Does anyone know a replacement led reverse bulb. I order one but it wouldn’t fit. It did fit the break/signal light so I went ahead and repacked those. I have not been able to find a reverse led light though. Beside diode dynamics etc. for 90$. Plus.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
NewHey guys I'm looking to purchase 9" headlights for my 2018 Wrangler JL. I'm on a tight budget but looking to treat myself and I came across these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07QJ1NYGJ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1

Unfortunately there's not many reviews out there and I just want to be re assured I'm not wasting my money here lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!
This is not cheap, morrimoto 7, is about 200$ too, I cant remember the exact name but it has good review.
Honestly, all those eBay Amazon light are hit and miss, there won't be reliable review in detail on how the lens aim and longevity test.
I haven't decided yet, want to just change to led bulb as the thread is all about, though switching to projector housing is theoretically one major improvement if done right.

Other wise just change the bulb to save money.

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
There are many threads out there cover LED headlights in depth.

I haven’t decided what my plan is, so in the meantime I put LED bulbs in the stock halogen housings (many think this is a no-no, but I’ll see how it works out for me). Just installed them today but they seem to be great for the money. Others on the forum have said good things about them as well.

What I got:
Headlights: BEAMTECH H13 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9008 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yMG0Db8KZWSBN

Fog lights: Alla Lighting CANBUS 2504 PSX24W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A1YU2TS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I purchased the Beamtech and Alla as suggested here. The Beamtech headlight bulbs work great. The cutoff is pretty sharp, not as sharp as my wife's Jeep with OEM LEDs, but still good. I haven't been flashed yet after about a month.

The fog lights are not good, unless you want to blind someone. There is no cutoff like the OEM lights (non-LED). I installed one side and compared to factory, the fog sends light in all directions. They're definitely bright, but I uninstalled right away as I don't want to blind other drivers. Guess I'll have to pay a little more to get a better fog LED bulb. Any fairly cheap suggestions?

If anyone wants the Alla LED bulbs I purchased, send me a PM and I'll mail to them out to you.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I purchased the Beamtech and Alla as suggested here. The Beamtech headlight bulbs work great. The cutoff is pretty sharp, not as
If anyone wants the Alla LED bulbs I purchased, send me a PM and I'll mail to them out to you.
Fog light mean to be spread over through the fog to see and to be seen.
Not much need to be led bulb, as yellowish temperature is said to be most effective in mist and fog.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
How hard were the bulbs to swap out? Did you need to remove the grill to complete?
I've replaced my H13 headlight bulbs with leds from Amazon and extremely happy with the results. However I did not remove the grill and accessed from the engine compartment. About a 10 min job.

On the driver side only had to move a wire harness to access headlight bulb cap and passenger side had to lift the air box out of the way after removing a bolt or two.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

fyr145

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Public Safety - (ret.)
Vehicle Showcase

I have these exact lights on my JL. They work great. My JL is lifted and the previous LED lights were blinding oncoming traffic, so I swapped out the lights and these ones are just what I needed. The 2 big leds come on when you hit the high beams and they put a huge amount of light out. I think you'll like these, plug-n-play and easy to install using existing OEM holes.

IMG_20191211_140840364_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dirguo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have these exact lights on my JL. They work great. My JL is lifted and the previous LED lights were blinding oncoming traffic, so I swapped out the lights and these ones are just what I needed. The 2 big leds come on when you hit the high beams and they put a huge amount of light out. I think you'll like these, plug-n-play and easy to install using existing OEM holes.

IMG_20191211_140840364_HDR.jpg
Wow lights look great! Thanks for the reply mine just came in today can't wait to install them tomorrow.

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
I did the Beamtech and Alla bulb install this evening. Took way less time than I imagined. First pic is of LED on drivers side, stock halogen on passenger. Going out in a bit to see what they’re like in full darkness, but so far I’m pleased.

3CE6FAAF-9A50-4811-937A-5124F5BFB676.jpeg

A1004640-B0EC-4621-B445-2A8DBF40565A.jpeg

A95921C2-A9EA-4A1B-9280-015AA96FD890.jpeg

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
For a headlight H13 bulb replacement/upgrade, it looks like most choose to remove the grill and headlight housing. I'm wondering why not replace bulbs from the engine compartment?

I did this for my led bulb upgrade and it was simple and quick...

driver side - move a wire harness to access headlight bulb cap
passenger side - lift the air box out of the way after removing a bolt or two.

fyr145

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Public Safety - (ret.)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow lights look great! Thanks for the reply mine just came in today can't wait to install them tomorrow.
Awesome, post back here and let me know what you think of them and how your install went!

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
Not sure if it’s the difference in the Sport and the Sahara, or maybe you have the 3.6? There is absolutely no way to access mine from the engine compartment.
Sponsored