Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning, everyone,

I've been hearing about SEMA for more than 20 years, I've been dreaming of coming for more than 20 years. Maybe this year "2020" will be a special year for me and I can finally be there.

A friend who speaks, reads, understands English seems to have understood (read on a www?) that this exhibition is reserved for exhibitors and would not be open to the public. Is that correct !?

If so, is there a possibility to get (pay) two tickets anyway?

Thank you for your opinion
Steph
Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no !:angry:

Could the fact of having bought parts (like all of us...) for example from "Quadratec" help to get some?

If someone has an idea, can he share it in "MP"?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
No that would not help. Quadratec probably use all their allocation for their employees to go and work the event. Posting on here may help because someone may have a small business in the industry but they don’t actually exhibit there so they can get tickets. You don’t have to exhibit at the show for SEMA to sell you tickets. You just have to be in the industry.

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your answers. I'm going to try to find (here?) a person who could find a solution for me... not sure I could wait another 20 years. I hadn't thought about the "access" issue for this exhibit :(

Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
Thank you for your answers. I'm going to try to find (here?) a person who could find a solution for me... not sure I could wait another 20 years. I hadn't thought about the "access" issue for this exhibit :(
You need to provide documentation that you work in the industry in order to attend the show. From SEMA:

You must work in the Specialty Equipment Aftermarket industry and you will be required to provide documentation. Documentation may include a business card (company name and address must correspond with information in your registration, and must include a job title), business license, tax registration certificate or business registration, recent paycheck stub, and/or business photo ID (must include company name, photo and your name).

Basically, you need to prove that your business or the employer you work for is a current and legitimate automotive aftermarket business. To that end, business registration, certificate, tax ID or resale card/number is acceptable. The next part is to prove that you are the current owner or currently employed by that business. If the business license states you are the owner, that is acceptable. If you work for a business owned by someone else, you need to provide a business card or a paycheck stub OR a photo ID–all must state your name and the name of the company, which must agree with the name of the company you are providing in your registration record. You also must provide an email address–preferably a company email address. All documents must be provided in English.
That info is here: http://dev.semashow.com/faqs/what-are-the-qualifications-to-attend

I've been attending the show for years, but as a SEMA Member I only had to provide documentation when I became a member. Documentation requirements for membership have tightened up a lot since I became a member though, nowadays I believe you need all of the above to become a member.

I know some people who have loaned their Jeeps to exhibitors for the show and have gotten badges for the show from the exhibitor, but to do that you'd need to know an exhibitor, have their products on your Jeep, have a Jeep that the exhibitor considers worthy of being in the show, etc...

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for this information, I understand that I probably won't make it ...:(

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
If you REALLY wanted to go here's how to do it:

1) Start a auto business. Like a detailing service or something. Get a tax ID (I believe thats what they ask for). You dont need to show revenue, just that you have an auto business.
2) Create a website for the business.
3) Get business cards printed for the business. Only need a few.

If you did this on your own it would probably cost less than 100 bucks. You can then register for the show.

When I went this year, they asked for copy of tax ID, a business card and our website. They checked all three. I did same day registration. I sell medical wire but we do sell wire into the auto business in Japan. Our american website doesnt have any pictures of cars or automotive stuff so they almost didnt let us in. I've already had our webmaster add some car pics and a paragraph of info on wire rope for the automotive industry for next year to avoid any problems.=

BAM! Your in the show.

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's an idea... thank you.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

tons of people with automotive businesses from around the world attend. if you know a local mechanic or anyone with a business you can probably sign up. they wouldnt even really verify its an automotive business lol.

there are people who sell their passes on craigs list in vegas. i had some extra passes for some no show friends and sold them for what i paid for them on CL while at the show lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your message and your information.
Steph

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At the beginning of this year I wanted to wish you a very happy new year and sincerely thank all the members of this forum who took the time to answer my message and give me information.

More than 20 years ago I had a "YJ", which I kept for 10 years, then since mid-2019 a "JL" and with it came back my old dream of seeing SEMA once. Coming from afar, it is a great organization for me.

I also wanted to thank a member who contacted me privately to try to help me with these magic tickets. THANK YOU!!! :like: :clap:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
At the beginning of this year I wanted to wish you a very happy new year and sincerely thank all the members of this forum who took the time to answer my message and give me information.

More than 20 years ago I had a "YJ", which I kept for 10 years, then since mid-2019 a "JL" and with it came back my old dream of seeing SEMA once. Coming from afar, it is a great organization for me.

I also wanted to thank a member who contacted me privately to try to help me with these magic tickets. THANK YOU!!! :like: :clap:
Have fun! My daughter went this past year and had a blast (I wasn’t envious...nooooooooooo :)).

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My problem isn't solved yet, but it's super nice to see that members are so willing to help me.

I hope I can get my "magic tickets" ;)

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Every Man should go to SEMA once in their life. If you love cars and gadgets in general SEMA is the Meca!!
Sponsored