Sponsored

Just so you know... Tazer issue in updating your Jeep data to Uconnect.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I updated mine to version 11.1.5 earlier today, and it still has not updated the info.
Its been 2 months since I installed my Tazer and none of my info updates. All my remote functions work but vehicle data does not update.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm inches away this week to pull the plug and ask for a refund.... All the remote action I want to do can be done from my remote, so do not need to use the Uconnect app from my office or living room.
UPDATE:
I pulled the plug and asked for full refund. They said no only giving you a prorated for 9 months. I asked to go to next level up as I was asked by Guardian time to fix problem. But I did not get any monthly data updates and waited the three months. So they agreed to give me full refund. I told them it was a great idea but daily updates was needed like when I first had the free service and they switched to monthly and I had to get Tech Support to do it. Yes that was one month test without my Tazer plugged in. I now have my Tazer back in and my refund from Guardian.

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

Same. Installed JL Mini Tazer yesterday, vehicle info not updating today. Have the latest update installed on the Tazer. 2020 JL Rubicon

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Same. Installed JL Mini Tazer yesterday, vehicle info not updating today. Have the latest update installed on the Tazer. 2020 JL Rubicon
So before you installed Tazer did you have daily or monthly updates or none at all. Did you check both the Uconnect app and mopar.com login.

Just asking in hopes of helping all parties to work through this issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Can you update the Tazer with a Mac computer?
Yes works great.... I download the update then use their app to install from a file and not a live update over wifi.

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

So before you installed Tazer did you have daily or monthly updates or none at all. Did you check both the Uconnect app and mopar.com login.

Just asking in hopes of helping all parties to work through this issue.
Just checked the mopar site, last update was 12/14.
I believe each time I checked the app it updated, I was not receiving daily or monthly updates.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the last few replies about getting updated data is MIXED. This leads me to believe there is two issues, one with one of Mopar.com/Unconnet/Guardian and other with Tazer when married.

Sorry can't help figure this problem out, I cut the cord after spending months looking at it. I think it more on Mopar.com/Unconnet/Guardian passing data back and forward on vehicle info. I think different customers data are on different servers and some customers go look one place for data and another to a different server. But I'm not on the inside of Mopar.com/Unconnet/Guardian development team.

My best to you all. I like the idea but if it worked and free. I can still track my wife using my Jeep while away via her iPhone.

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Sounds like when the Tazer goes to sleep it's disconnecting the canbus bridges that the secure gateway normally makes. This would prevent the infotainment module and telematics modules from communicating with the rest of the vehicle, and likely explain the lack of updates.

Edit: or, devices that are designed to authenticate with the SGW fail to operate correctly when the SGW isn't present.

In either case, I'd imagine some Y cables to allow the SGW to remain active alongside the Tazer should resolve.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like when the Tazer goes to sleep it's disconnecting the canbus bridges that the secure gateway normally makes. This would prevent the infotainment module and telematics modules from communicating with the rest of the vehicle, and likely explain the lack of updates.

Edit: or, devices that are designed to authenticate with the SGW fail to operate correctly when the SGW isn't present.

In either case, I'd imagine some Y cables to allow the SGW to remain active alongside the Tazer should resolve.
That is a good thought.... When I was talking to Uconnect development team months ago, they where concerned having programing devices plugged into the OBDII port no comment on SGW.

You are on track. Just a side note in my case, I unmarred and restored back to stock... asked Uconnect Development to refresh my data by sending signal to get info. That worked ones and would not update by going into Uconnect app. Yes had the latest release of app. {{Edit: and in the app would swipe down to make a request for update data on servers which was the old data.}} So who knows in my case. Glad yours work by unplugging Tazer.

Last edited:

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Mine won't update or give me health reports for weeks or months.. but it will update about 5 or 10mins after I unmarry it for dealer service everytime like clockwork.
Good to know, thank you.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. So an update to my little test..

For 24hrs I removed the tazer without unmarrying it (leaving my settings alone and just unplugging it) plugged the plugs back into the module. Drove it throughout the day.. the app never updated in that time.

I just plugged it back in, unmarried it and did the full reboot. Took it for a short drive and within a mile the app updated with all the info up to date.

Screenshot_20200104-190611_Uconnect.jpg

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. Ok so. Last night I plugged the tazer back in. Set my settings again. Left it in. This morning the app updated. So I have no idea now and I guess everything in the past was just a coincidence ‍♂
Sponsored